Monday, May 9, 2011

Prom Date night!!


Jeff and I chaperoned the ECCHS prom a few weeks ago. We had a good time. We had a gift card to Carrabba's so we went there for dinner. A couple of girls from my volleyball team babysat and did an AWESOME job! They fed the girls, cleaned up, fed Berkeley a bottle and put them to bed. The prom was kind of boring, because it is not like we actually danced, but it freaked me out to think of Cheyenne going to the prom with a boy! Our conversation went like this:

Me: "It freaks me out to think of Cheyenne being here with a boy on a date."
Jeff: "She won't be going."
Me: "Yes she will or you will be crushing her dreams!"
Jeff: "Well, I will be there too."
Me: "oh yeah! That is so awesome that you will be teaching at whatever school she goes to and we can chaperone the dances and know what is going on."
Jeff: "Yeah, and I will have to approve of whatever boy she goes with and that boy will know me and he will be scared of me I will tell you that much."

haha... I think it will actually be good for Cheyenne to have her dad at the school and at the dances, she can always feel safe and still have a good time. We can always know what is going on and be in the loop!

It was fun to have a date, although I would have rather done something else than chaperone a prom, it was still a good date night, and we got in some good conversation in the 35 minute drive there and back... plus we stopped at McDonald's for a delicious ice cream Sundae!

3 comments:

connie and frank said...

you guys look great!!! and welcome to parenthood. Jeff was always shy about going to proms and things, in fact I'll bet he would of rather not. Maybe Cheyenne will be shy about it also, (especially if dad is there)

Jenny said...

Love your dress, heals and hair! Jeff looks great too.

Johnny and Eirian said...

You are such a cute family.... but for some reason I just can't believe we're old enough to be chaperoning proms, weren't we just going to our own!? Oh well...at least you still look like you could be 18 ;)