Friday, July 11, 2008

It's a Girl!!!

We went to the Doctor in Royston today.  It is about a twenty minute drive or so.  We were just going to basically meet the doctor and get a regular check-up, but we told him we didn't know what it was yet, so he said he would check with the ultrasound technician to see if she could squeeze us in.  Jeff looked so excited because he has been dying to know what it is (so have I...) anyway, she said she would fit us in after she was done with the one she was working on.  She measured everything and it all was healthy and well.  Then she showed what we later found out was a leg.  She asked if we could tell what it was and Jeff and I both assumed she was showing us the penis and said it was a boy.  She then adjusted her probe thingy to show the other leg and said, "ummm, there's nothing in between the legs, your having a girl!"  Jeff and I looked at each other and started laughing, because we realized that would have been one HUGE penis!! hahah!!  But we are so so so excited to have a little girl, we had both talked about how it would be best to have a girl first, for various reasons.  Jeff said if we had a boy next it would be better for the boy to have a big sister to be looking over his shoulder and looking out for him to be sure he is being good like his sisters did.  Haha, I thought that was so cute! Anyway, we are thinking of several names we like but we probably won't decide until we see her and make sure she looks like the name we pick!!! We are so excited and feel so blessed to be having a daughter this Thanksgiving!!

17 comments:

The Williams said...

Congrats!!! We are so excited for you guys keep us informed of everything. Too bad you arn't closer because Shalece would have loved to play with her.

Andree and Josh said...

I was the only one who voted and that is what I said! Woo hoo! I am so happy for you, she will be so cute!

Rachel said...

You should warn people that your blog is x-rated. Congratulations.

Jared

Rach said...

congrats!!! little girls are the best!

Tiffany said...

Yay!! Congratulations!! Having girls first is definitely best! ;)

A Woman Who LIVED said...

Hi Stacey! I am so excited for you. You are half way there! It seems like it is taking forever and then all of a sudden you have a baby in your arms. I thought I was having a girl for sure - so much for good mother's intuition. :) Congratulations again!

Kristen said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you guys! I got your message this morning Jeff. I will save all my girl stuff (the stuff I haven't given away). You guys look great! We miss you! We will have to come back east any pay you a visit!Hope you are settling in well. Love you guys!

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Congratulations Stacey and Jeff, how exciting. It was fun seeing your Mom at Melanie's and Jordan's house yesterday(family reunion) We're sorry we didn't get to see you more while you were still in Utah. Well have fun, it's nice we have this to keep in touch.
Love ya,

Jenny said...

i am so excited you have a blog! congrats on the girl - that is so exciting!!! stacey you are a hot mom!

Rachel said...

Congratulations! It will be fun to have more girl cousins. You don't look pregnant yet, I think Jared is right about the ice cream:)

afton, stephen & brooks said...

Congrats, that's very exciting! You don't even look pregnant, I think my belly is bigger than yours, ha!! We'll be in Atlanta on August 11th-13th, the Baseball game is on the 12th, we're going to see the sights of Atlanta that day too, you guys should come!! My parents are in Greensboro, NC, Ansley was a little off. Where exactly do you live?? Maybe we can drive through on our way there!

SarJuh said...

Hey this is sarah! I found your blog so i added you, i hope thats ok! congrats on the girl!! we are having a girl too!!!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!
Jen and Ben

Natasha Holmquist said...

HELLO!!! I found you guys thru Katy and Pauls blog. But oh my GOSH!! how exciting!! A little girl :) You look amazing by the way, I had already let myself go by 20 weeks. haha.

Slesk Family said...

congratulations! Girls are so fun.
Hope you are loving Georgia.
billy and Jamie

Serena said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you! We just got a little girl in April. And I have a blog to go check it out.
BY THE WAY this is your cousin Serena
love ya,

Southern Belle said...

serena, it wouldn't let me go to your blog...