Monday, October 8, 2012

Pumpkin Patch









 This little weird, hungry kid was so funny. When we were petting the pig, he walks over and says, "I call him steak. Doesn't he look so good? Mmmm I just want to cut him up and eat him." Cheyenne looked at the pig, wrinkled her nose and looked at him and said, "You eat pigs?" It was probably the funniest thing ever and I laughed about it all day long.

The family who owned the farm had several daughters. Later on I was asking the 10 or 11 year old who was holding one of the ducks if they ate the ducks. She said no, and I said what about the pigs? She said, "Sometimes, we gonna eat Mr. Henry soon." They were true farm girls. Walking in and picking up the chickens and ducks by their feet with them flapping everywhere. There was even a little 6 or 7 year old in there that had it down.



 The pictures are backwards again...
We decided to go to the pumpkin patch last weekend after looking at the calendar and realizing it was probably the only weekend we would be able to go before Halloween. We drove all the way (45 minutes) out to Lexington to this awesome pumpkin patch that we went to last year with our friends and when we got there, it was closed down! I was so bummed! Cheyenne was really really sad. Luckily I remembered one I saw on a groupon recently that was in Bogart so we headed out to that one. I was a little mad at myself for not buying the groupon, because then we would have only paid $10 instead of $20, but I wasn't planning on going to that one when I saw it.
We went through the corn maze first and it got really hot. Both of the girls were wearing long sleeved shirts. Luckily Cheyenne had a white undershirt under hers and Berkeley had another shirt in the car or we wouldn't have lasted 10 more minutes. We went through the corn maze first which was a pretty fun one. You had to visit 6 stations and punch your card at each one. We had a little map and it was a good little challenge. Then Cheyenne played in the corn, but Berkeley didn't like it. Then we went to pet the goats, pigs, bunnies, ducks and donkeys. We also got a little hayride and I asked if I could buy a bail of hay. They went and got one for me for $5. It looks so cute on our front porch:)

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Everyone should go to the pumpkin patch this time of year. Looks like all of you had a great time. Wondered why the girls changed clothes. Funny story about the PIG. The girls ARE soooo CUTE!! ACTUALLY THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL...

connie and frank said...

My goodness that picture of Cheyenne standing by the corn patch with the black skirt and orange top. She looked soooo grown up. I think she is going to be tall.