Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Toys

Lately, the girls favorite game has been Christmas or Birthday, where they pile whatever random toys they can fit in a bag and dump it in front of each other in any area of the house they can. When it is a new person's birthday or turn to open their Christmas present, they of course don't clean up the last pile, but simply move and create more piles. Our house has been a disaster and it takes sooo long to put everything away where it goes and it only takes about 5 minutes for them to put the entire toy room throughout the house. It has been driving me nuts for a few weeks, so finally I had enough! Even though we have an entire play room for toys, I went back to my old box method before we had a playroom. We have four boxes, and I rotate them. I feel kind of bad because it is not as good for imaginative play because I only have one type of toy out at a time. For example, last night they were doing play weddings, so they had the pretend food, and their little flowers, but they wanted costumes which were upstairs. Anyway, it has really helped me keep control of the house and the girls really haven't minded much at all. The best part is that when I bring out a new box, they are super excited to play with the toys they hadn't seen in a while. Here's some funny pictures of the girls playing in the playroom before bed while we waited for Daddy to get home. When I run out of pjs for the girls, I put them in my shirts to sleep, Cheyenne LOVES this pink and blue tie dye one, she always says it is so beautiful!



 Berkeley always loves to hold something up to her ear and say, "hello, hi!"
Berkeley has been really love the tea parties lately.

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

oh I love those little girls. Cheyenne seems to have grown up SINCE WE WERE THERE!!!! ON THE PONTOON!!!!! MAKING WAVES AND CATCHING RAYS UP ON THE ROOF!! Looks like fun. I think the boxes is a good idea. Just check the box for bugs before you bring it down!!!!