Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Audrey's Baptism





This past week, my oldest neice, Audrey, turned eight. My Dad, Karen, Cheyenne and I drove to Florida for the occasion and we had so much fun. For Audrey's birthday, Andrea (her mom) told her she could pick anywhere she wanted to eat and she chose Ryan's, haha... we had had enough of buffets, so we went to her second choice which was Arby's. It was fun. Dad and Andrea went up into the attic and pulled out their jumperoo for Cheyenne to play in, and her feet barely touched the floor, but she was able to make it bounce and she loved it! It was so exciting for me to watch! For the baptism, I gave the talk on the Holy Ghost and I made Audrey a "Holy Ghost Bag" with a bunch of stuff in it about the Holy Ghost. For example, I put in lip gloss because the Holy Ghost speaks to you, a blanket because the HG is a comforter, and a ruler because the Holy Spirit is a teacher, and a flashlight because the HG lights your way, etc... Anyway, Audrey was sitting on the front row and Austin was on the second. The room was pretty full of people from the ward, etc. Anyway, I pull out a bar of soap, and start talking about how you have to keep your thoughts clean and your body clean so the spirit can dwell in you and Austin yells out, "can she use that in the shower or the tub?" HAHA, it was so funny and cute, mostly, I was surprised he was listening! Anyway, the last thing I pulled out of the bag was snickers, because when the HG guides you to make good decisions  your friends may "snicker" at you and try to tempt you to make a different choice.  Austin runs up to the front row where Audrey is and says loudly, "Audrey, there's so many, that's so big, you have to share Audrey!!!" It was hillarious! Anyway, the baptism went well. The water was really cold and Audrey looked very shocked when he pulled her out of the water, but she went under without a problem. After the baptism Audrey wanted to go to the Asian Buffet, so we all went there and it was pretty good (my family loves the buffets, if you can't tell). Then Audrey, Austin, Aaron, Cheyenne and I all went bowling. We had so much fun in Florida and we are going to go back with Jeff too in April for Spring Break, unfortunately Aaron will be deployed probably when we go, but we are hoping it will be warm enough to visit the beach next time! 

3 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

yeah Stacey, thanks for the update, I love this program. We can all stay in touch with each other.

kado! said...

I had to re-read that a couple times when I got to the part about the lip-gloss & the HG...couldn't figure out what the two had in common...yea I'm just like that! LoL! I get it now!!! Cute idea!

Hey...you should add the "follow" you feature...or do you have it and i can't find it? That way I'm updated when you post!

connie and frank said...

Stacey
glad you had a fun time. Cheyenne is getting so big. glad you made it home safely.
love ya
grandma connie