Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Melting Pot








We have been wanting to go to the Melting Pot for a fondue date night for a couple of years now. We found out about it when we lived in Salt Lake, but we just never wanted to spend the money, or we were waiting for a very special occasion. Well, the special occasion was my 25th birthday of course! I will be 25 on Friday:) And it helped that Tuesday is 20% off for teachers, police officers, and firefighters. Plus, I signed up for their mailing list, and they sent me a free chocolate fondue for two coupon for my birthday. So after all those discounts, it still turned out to be the most we have ever spent at a restaurant, but since we have been looking forward to it for so long, it was worth it! We probably wont ever go again, but we had so much fun:) We had to take lots of pictures to record our experience. We also drove almost two hours to get there, so it was a big date night for us. We also barely ever go out to eat since we have lived in Elberton, so it was just a little treat for us:) On the drive home, it was getting dark and we started to think about it and realized we were eating in the restaurant for 3 hours, and we even had reservations, so we went in and sat right down. We were pretty much eating the whole time.

We started out with cheese fondue. We got Mexican cheeses. They put the pot in the middle of the table and then bring out the cheese and additives and melt it right in front of you. We got the fiesta cheese style, but it wasn't really spicy. We dipped bread, crackers, apples and veggies in the cheese. Then they brought us each a salad, which were really really good. Then they bring out a different pot of Vegetable broth and heat it really hot and some raw meat and vegetables and you dip the meat and veggies in the pot and it cooks. We got filet mignon, chicken, teriyaki sirloin, shrimp and salmon, they had like 6 bite sized pieces of each meat, then a bowl of potatoes, broccoli and mushrooms. That was the first time in my life I have ever tried Filet Mignon. It was okay, I liked the sirloin better.They also had a ton of sauces to dip them in. For dessert, we got cookies and cream chocolate fondue and they brought out strawberries, bananas, rice krispy treats, brownies, marshmallows, pound cake and cheesecake to dip in the chocolate. They also lit a candle on the cheesecake, so that was nice. It really was fun and Cheyenne was really good the whole time, except toward the middle she started "talking" loudly, so Jeff just held her the rest of the time. I think everyone should experience a dinner at The Melting Pot at some point in their lives!!

6 comments:

Vashti said...

I LOVE FONDUE! I never even knew a restaurant like this existed ~ it's sounds like a ton of fun!

kado! said...

I am SO glad you had such a wonderful birthday dinner! Sounds like so much fun & YUMMY!!!!

You make me Smile because Sean will absolutly NOT be seen around coupon using! So from way back I've gotten used to the fact that I get good deals on grocerys and I spend quite a bit more on clothing & resturants! and I'm OK with that! Oh...I miss Las Vegas for that exact reason....SOOOO many Great places to eat! If you ever come to Manhattan there is an amazing place called Gyu-Kaku where you cook your own food at your table...Ohhh...SOOO good! Then for dessert you make smores at your tabe!

Rach said...

I have been wanting to go there for SO long! someday it will happen! Looks so good, and I am SO impressed with the Chyenne, she lasted that long?! awesome. Happy birthday!!!!

connie and frank said...

Wow!! glad you guys had so much fun. Happy Birthday Stacey.
love ya
from frank and connie

Mallory Renee said...

Nice! We went there a few weeks ago during our honeymoon. Amazing, huh? I loovvedd it.

afton, stephen & brooks said...

We went there once too, really expensive, so we got our own fondue pot and I found their recipes online! Taste just as good- you should try it! Happy Birthday!