Sunday, August 23, 2009

Home Sweet Home

Okay so the video didn't work. Here are about a million pictures:) We are really just trying to convince people to come and visit us! Here is the front of the house from the street. We are trying our best to salvage the grass.
Here is the $300 mailbox. Ridiculous. Everyone in the whole neighborhood had the same one, so we had to get it.
When you walk in, the laundry room and garage are to the left. I kind of wish there was a pocket door here, but it is okay.

Garage. 
Entryway. Really high ceilings.
Dining Room. Someday we will have a table here:)
Living Room and our $20 leather couch! My dad found this at a garage sale. It is working well for us for now.
We just bought this table on craigslist yesterday and we love it! It matches the floors perfectly.
Our backyard, grill and the neighbors fence.
Our little patio and our backyard. Our property goes back quite a ways, so eventually we would really like to cut down some trees and lay some more sod to make our backyard bigger.
Our kitchen and barstools.
Tile backsplash. We still need to fix behind our stove. I guess we are supposed to have someone cut notches in our granite, so we can slide it back all the way. It is on the "to do" list along with a million other things:)
I love to watch tv while I am cooking! 
Another view of the kitchen
Our bed. I have to point out that the bedroom set was also a craigslist find!! I LOVE good deals:)
Here is our light fixture, I am a little obsessed with it. I think it looks so elegant:)

The view of our room when you first walk in. It is unnecessarily large, but it is kind of nice. I kind of wish the extra space was added to our living room or kitchen or somewhere more useful, but it is nice having a big room I guess.
The ceilings in our room.
The jetted tub that we thought was broken, but Jeff fixed it!!
Our shower, my favorite part of the house:)
Master bathroom.
Stairs up to the bonus room

Unfinished bonus room. Will finish when we have a couple more kids:)
Cheyenne's room

Cheyenne's bathroom.


Computer room with extra bed.




On July 15, Jeff signed the papers and we closed on our first home!!! It was kind of a nightmare trying to get it all to go through since it was a foreclosure and everything, but it finally happened and we were so excited!!! Luckily my Dad flew out here for a couple weeks and helped us fix things and get our Certificate of Occupancy. I don't know what we would have done without him here, seriously. Also, we have like the world's most amazing neighbors. Seriously, I don't know where they came from! I have never met anyone so helpful to someone they barely know! They are such a cute couple too and they have the cutest tiny wiener dog. Anyway, our neighbor installed our appliances for us, and our garbage disposal AND fixed the electrical in our kitchen. OH, and they gave us a dresser, grill, and a really beautiful mirror. Yeah, we are definitely blessed to have them living next door to us! Anyway, so we finally got the Certificate of Occupancy and are really starting to feel settled. Since we didn't have the C.O. when we moved in, we had to get a temporary mortgage through our bank and then it was supposed to have transferred over to a permanent one by now, but a huge mess happened. Our person doing our loan at the bank quit, and then Taylor, Bean and Whittaker went under. Anyway, so now we have to find a permanent mortgage from another bank before January. This could be a big blessing because maybe we will be able to get a lower interest rate. Since we have been moved in, I have been obsessed with Garage Sales and have found some really great deals. I LOVE the garage sales here, they are really good compared to the ones in Elberton. Plus, there are about 100 more per weekend here:) Anyway, I had to tell ya'll about my garage sale obsession, because I watched this video and realized I was pointing out all my garage sale finds, haha. I get so excited about a great deal!!! Anyway, this is the video of our house... we feel so blessed to be living here. It definitely was the right decision. We LOVE our new ward, tons of young couples and babies, and I also got a job coaching a club volleyball team in Athens for the winter/spring, and they said I can bring Cheyenne with me to anything I need to. That is so great for me, because they have overnight tournaments in Tennessee and places like that, so it would be too long for me to leave her. Anyway, I hope you will be able to come visit us SOON!!! 

7 comments:

Amelia said...

Stacey- that is so exciting about your volleyball job, that will be so fun! I can't wait to visit yall again, and see your house all finished. Where is the video you are talking about?

kado! said...

I was starting to wonder where the heck you have been!!! missed you! can't wait to catch up!

Congrats on the new house! You'll have to e-mail me the new address!

Kristen said...

Looks so nice!! I love Cheyenne's little bathroom decor, very cute! What a nice place you guys, congrats!!

Andree and Josh said...

Wow! Such a great place! I love the vaulted ceilings and the kitchen! You will love it!

Megan said...

Your house is awesome. I would be lying if I didn't admit I'm a bit jealous. I'm currently in Indianapolis but we will be back in Atlanta by December. You better come down to Atlanta too! I would love to see you guys.

The Lilly's said...

Looks like a gorgeous house, congratulations!

Gr. & Gr. Slesk said...

We love your new home. I love Cheyenne's bedroom and bathroom. So cute, all in pink. We would love to see your home. That was really nice that your Dad came and helped you. I'm glad that you have such nice neighbors also.
Fun; to have a new Ward that has a lot of young couples. We had a Ward with a lot of young couples when we were first married. That is so much fun.

Cheyenne is so cute and growing up so fast. You are such a cute little family.

See you sometime soon, maybe
Love you all
Grandma and Grandpa Slesk