Thursday, August 20, 2009

UTAH

After our trip to Washington, Jeff headed home for football practice and to buy a house and I set off for Utah with my mom, Cheyenne and my niece, Audrey. It was really fun, but unfortunate that it had to be at the end of another vacation. Plus, the timing with buying the house while I was gone, I felt like I should be at home. Anyway, here is a picture of us right before we left on the long drive to Utah.
We first went to Idaho where we had an Anderson family reunion. My Mom's parents have both passed on, so the Anderson reunion is all of her brothers and sisters and their families. There are so many of us it is really awesome! I am estimating but I think there are 9 children, 50 grandchildren and like 80 great grandchildren with more on the way! It is nutso! They have been having these reunions for years, but this is the first one I have been able to go to. I absolutely LOVE my Anderson family, so it was so great to be there and felt so good to see them all again. I hope we can go again in the years to come. The reunion was at my cousin Melanie's house in Rexburg, ID. They have their own little lake with boats, swings and a zipline! This is me and my two nieces Audrey and Genevieve on the zipline. We are being pulled up in this picture and on the way down, we got soaked. I was told I wouldn't get wet, but apparently we were too heavy with the three of us... 
This is my cousin Jordan helping me feed Cheyenne some lunch.
After a couple of days in Idaho, we headed to Utah. We got to stay at my Aunt MaryAnne's house, which was so great. I used to live there every summer growing up, so it is like my second home! Cheyenne got sick, with a very high fever for two nights. Here I am with a sick little baby at Jeff's sister Jenny's house:
It was so nice of Jenny to have a little get together at her house so I could see her and some of Jeff's cousins while I was visiting. The picture is Jenny, Natasha, Stacey, and Brittany. This was all the girls except little Heath snuck in:)
This is Josh and Natasha's baby Heath, Cheyenne and Eli and Brittany's baby Grady. I wish Cheyenne could have played with them more, but she was not feeling well at all. They are such cute babies though:)

It was such a fun trip and I had planned for like a whole year to play in an outdoor volleyball tournament with my good friend Diane that Saturday, but Cheyenne was so sick, I was very worried I was going to have to take her in and our insurance is no good in Utah, so I decided I'd better head home early. Plus, I had a brand new house waiting for me!!! So I am REALLY REALLY bummed that I didn't get to see Diane, or play in the volleyball tournament with her AND I missed out seeing my good friend Emily and my Kearns people. There is too little time!! Hopefully some people can come and see me and hopefully it won't be my last trip to Utah. It was a great vacation, but it is good to be home.

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Cute pictures.
Stacey, you really had a full vacation. Your family is great.
Grady, Cheyenne and Heath are so cute. Glad to know that little Cheyenne is feeling better. What a great help Audrey must have been.
love you guy
from
grandma connie

kado! said...

how fun! you look great ...and Jenny looks beautiful too! How fun too see so much family!!! What a Summer!