Monday, September 14, 2009

My biggest accomplishment

I had my biggest accomplishment of my post college life the other day (well, I guess other than having Cheyenne). I ran in a 5k and I won!! I was so excited! I never thought I could do it! Every time I enter one of these races, I secretly wish I could win and think maybe I will, but there are always so many fast people in front of me. This time I seriously did not think any of those things. I didn't think I would come close to winning, except maybe my age division or something. After mile 2, I realized I was the first girl and there were only about 6 boys in front of me (it turns out there were actually about 10, the other 4 were way further ahead). I kept thinking some girl would come flying by me at the end, so I just kept making myself go faster. When I had about half a mile left, I thought, "Oh my gosh, I might be able to win this race!!" I flashed back to my high school days when I actually used to be fast and win races. It was such a cool feeling. Anyway, so I finished in 21:12, which is about 6:49 minute mile pace. My last 5k I ran before the half marathon about 4 or 5 months ago, was 23:30 or something, which is like 7:30ish pace, so this was a huge improvement!! On all of my runs since the half marathon I have been feeling so slow, and out of shape, so this was a huge exciting surprise for me! Now I am all motivated to run more! I am going to do another half marathon on Halloween with some people in our ward and you better believe I will wear a costume!! Oh... so I won a tool case for being first overall female, because the race was to benefit Habitat for Humanity where they build houses for poor people. I know I shouldn't be bragging, and I am not trying to, but this is like seriously such a huge accomplishment for me, I had to write about it, so I wouldn't forget how I feel:) It is NOT just like "oh I won another race..." I WISH! I have always wished I would win a 5k!! Anyway, so I just thought I would share:) Oh I am running another 5k in Elberton in two weeks, so I will do another post about that one, hopefully it will be a happy one, haha...I found these pictures on our newspaper website, so I am pretty much famous, hahahha, just kidding, there were about 1 million pictures on there I had to flip through before I saw mine:

Finishing the race:

My friend Holli and I, she got second in her age division!!

Walking up for my cool tool case:)

Tool Case:


9 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah Stacey! That is so cool!

kado! said...

that is Awesome! I still don't "get" the whole marathon thing...but I can tell how excited you are! Great job on the accomplishment!!!...and bonus on the tool case!! Especially with a new house..that'll come in handy! ;)

Karolyn said...

Congrats Stacey! That is SO awesome!

Heather said...

It's not bragging at all. I know I'll never win a 5K, so I think that is a huge accomplishment. Way to go! It probably helps pushing your baby on runs and then being free to run alone during the race--like Flint making up pull tires on the track.

connie and frank said...

Stacey
Great job!! Now get to work with those tools!!!
You guys told me if I kept jogging it would get easier, but it does not. Maybe you have to be young to have that happen.
Looks like you are making friends, of course you guys are very friendly!!!
love ya
from
connie and frank

connie and frank said...

Stacey
by the way, you looooook greeeaat!!!
from
connie

The Lilly's said...

That had to have been so exciting, good job and congrats!

Unknown said...

That's awesome Stacey!!!

Mallory Renee said...

Nice job! That's awesome!