Thursday, June 30, 2011

Girls Trip to Myrtle Beach

Before you read this, I want to warn you of a possible TMI at the end of the post:)
Wendi, Steph, and I rode together, we were so excited to head to the beach!

All the girls at the beach on day two:
In the elevator after our walk on the beach:
Dinner at P.F. Changs:
Two cute girls getting some sun:
Day one on the beach:

So a good friend emailed me a few weeks ago and said she needed a break and wanted to plan a girls' trip to the beach. I thought it sounded like so much fun, so I talked to my sweet husband and he said he didn't mind at all. When we looked at what weekends worked, the only one was Father's Day because of basketball and Jeff didn't even mind! We were all talking on the trip about how lucky we were to have such great husbands. We took two cars and left Friday morning. We got there and checked into one hotel room for 7 girls. It had 4 beds though so there was even room for one more:) We changed into our suits and got some Hardees for lunch which was suprisingly really good, maybe because I was so hungry??? Anyway, we spent from about 3:30 til 7 on the beach Friday. It was overcast a lot of the time, but we still had fun eating snacks and boogie boarding. That night we went to PF Changs for dinner. I had the lettuce wraps as my meal which was AMAZING!! We had an hour wait so we just walked around and looked at little shops while we were waiting. I found this sign:

After dinner we walked on the beach and I highlighted my friend, Andrea's hair. We went to bed sometime in the wee hours of the morning. The next morning, Andrea and I got up around 9 to go for a little run on the beach which was, of course, beautiful! Then we laid out on the beach until around 3:30 when we headed home. It was a fun, quick trip.

TMI (too much info) starts now...

It would have been more fun if I hadn't have been so dumb.... remember how I am still nursing an 8 month old, like 3-5 times a day? Well, my pumps take up a lot of room, so I thought I could just hand express my milk when I got full. I have done it before, but I didn't know that it was pretty much impossible once you become engorged.... I was so uncomfortable starting the first night, after dinner at PF Changs we swung by WalMart to see if I could find a pump. In my mind I was thinking there would be one for $10-$20. Well, they only had one and it was $30. I had pumps at home and didn't need to get one besides the current situation, so I decided to just tough it out which was a definite mistake. The next morning after my run I started to feel sick and had the worst headache and I think it had a lot to do with my little predicament. It was so annoying, because all along my plan was to stay up late and then sleep on the beach all day, but I could not sleep at all and I couldn't even lie on my stomach. On the drive home, I couldn't take it anymore and we stopped by a different Wal-Mart. They had a pump for $20 and I bought it and it was the best relief in my life!! Andrea told me I needed to take a picture for Jeff, Since there are no boys that read my blog, I wanted to document just how insanely big my boobs were...


I had two other swimsuits with me and luckily I even brought this one because my boobs didn't fit into the other ones (they barely fit in this one). I pretty much looked like a stripper with a bad boob job because they were hard as a rock and all lumpy! I wish it wouldn't have been so painful, but I tried to enjoy it since I will be done nursing in about 4 months at which time they will completely disappear! Although, I think I prefer my usual small to normal boob size which do not get in the way at all and don't make me feel so revealing.

Even with my painful situation, it was a fun trip and I am so grateful to Jeff for letting me get away from responsibility for a couple days:)

2 comments:

April said...

Stacey, you are every man's dream in that picture!!! By the way how is it that you have such a tiny belly with absolutely no stretch marks, NO FAIR! You are way too hawt, Jeff is a lucky man.

The Lilly's said...

How in the world do you have such incredible abs after 2 kids?! Enjoy the boobs while they last!