Monday, April 16, 2012

Florida spring break Day 4

Friday it was finally forecasted to be good weather all day long! We were so excited and got ready for the beach first thing in the morning. We stopped by Target to get some picnic supplies and headed for a day of fun at the beach. As we were driving over the bridge to get there the water was the most beautiful color it didn't even look real. I couldn't believe my brother lived 20 minutes from this paradise and that we lived driving distance from it. What a blessing! To me when I think of paradise, I picture a beach with white sand and water that color and palm trees everywhere. That's pretty much what it was! This picture doesn't even do it justice:
We had so much fun, a delicious lunch and Jeff and I even helped Cheyenne and Ansley build an intense sand castle. I got more Berkeley snuggle time in and I even got Berkeley to take a nap... it was pretty easy since she was scared of the sand and scared to move:) The only down side was that there were no bathrooms anywhere near! Next time I need to remember to go before we leave!

I think Berkeley practically ate this whole bag of Craisins herself






Jeff helping Cheyenne and Ansley:
Jeff and the girls by the sandcastle:
We asked someone to take a picture of us in front of the sandcastle, but they forgot to include the sandcastle. If you look closely you can see Berkeley sleeping under the umbrella in the background:
I made it romantic by adding a J+S! haha:)
I even got a little nap in:
She woke up crying when she saw the sand on her hand:
After the beach we went to Destin Commons to play in their splash park and playground. Perfectly awesome day!

That night Aaron and Andrea put our kids to bed for us so we could go on a date. We went to Destin and went out to Chili's (my new tie with Red Robin as my favorite restaurant). Then we got some candy at Wal-Mart to smuggle in my purse and we saw Titanic in 3D. It was really good except it was really long and it started at 9:45 so the last 20 minutes (around 1 am) I couldn't keep my eyes open. The coolest 3D part was when the heart of the ocean looked like it was coming out at you when she drops it in the ocean. It was a lot of fun to have a date with Jeff, although I don't know if the movie was worth the $28 we spent to go!!! Holy crap! Who can afford to go to movies these days? That will be our last one for the year... I don't think we had gone to see a movie together in several years and in one month we saw two (Hunger games)! Two dollar theatre is more my style:) We had lots of fun on the drive home and it was a good date! We are lucky we didn't hit any animals though because we saw about 15 deer on the side of the highway and a coyote ran across the road in front of us. We got home at like 2 or 3 in the morning and we realized it was almost an 8 hour date!! Holy cow! Thanks Aaron and Andrea!

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Wow so much fun. That beach, beautiful butttttt bad bathroom. You can't eat or drink while there or 2 hours before you go there. What a beautiful place!!! We don't have there her, you know what I mean.....?????? Glad you could go on a date. Titanic 3D???