Monday, December 1, 2008

Our First Christmas Tree


I decided to take advantage of the fact that Cheyenne is camping out in my tummy for a few extra days and use the time to decorate for Christmas.  I knew I probably wouldn't feel like doing much after I had her, so I was kind of excited to have the extra time to get all the decorations finished.  We have never really decorated our house for Christmas before, since we usually just go home anyway, so we really didn't have any decorations, except for a few Jeff's grandparents had given to us last Christmas.  I didn't want to buy a ton, just because we don't have a house yet so I am trying not to collect unneccessary junk, haha.  Jeff wasn't too thrilled about the idea of putting up decorations, so I enlisted the help of the missionaries.  Jeff did come with me to help pick out a tree and he cut off the end and brought it inside, then sawed off a few branches for me.  I think he liked the end product:)  Since we have a pretty big house I decided just to decorate the living room.  Most of the decorations are just all the pictures wrapped in wrapping paper and I covered the couch in a red sheet and removed everything from the room that wasn't red or green except the giant pink rug.  I am excited that I will have a  Christmas room to bring Cheyenne home to.  I am sure I will post more pics of the room in the future, but here is us decorating the tree:)  As you can see Jeff's Western sweat outfit has been the only thing I have worn the past week, it is my favorite (and pretty much the only thing that fits).  Happy Holiday Season:)

11 comments:

Slesk Family said...

I hear you are going in to be induced today. Good luck. We will be thinking of you.

Laura Bradford said...

GOOD LUCK TONIGHT! I am seriously nervous for you! I know everything will turn out, but I am so freakin scared about having the baby. You will do great though.

Johnny and Eirian said...

Go Vikings! You look too stinking cute :) Beautiful tree, by the way!

Katie and joe said...

i definitely wore my husband's sweat suit the last couple weeks too! it was the most comfy thing!

Jenny said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see baby Cheyenne!

Peter and Lesha said...

that picture with wrapping paper is such a good idea, i have only seen it in magazines, I might have to copy, good thing you live so far away:( hope baby comes soon:)

Yates Family said...

I love your Christmas room! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear how everything goes. We're praying for you! Good luck and what a fun time to have a baby! Love you!
Brooke

sarjuh said...

oh man i want to see baby

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

Stac!! You had to have had your baby girl by now!! how was it?? I hope everything went well. Sure miss you guys and can't wait to hear all about it. Sleep when baby sleeps, always, well until they get older obviously! love ya

Karolyn said...

I am so excited to see you next post cuz hopefully it will have some pictures of your beauitful little girl!

Yates Family said...

Stac- I can't wait to find out how everything went! I've been checking your blog three times a day! Love you - best of luck!, Brooke