Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving-40 weeks

I know bare pregnant stomachs are kind of gross looking, but I wanted to capture just how big my tummy is!! Today is my due date November 27, Thanksgiving Day, and still no Cheyenne.  I have been feeling really good (until I stuffed myself today and now I am having a hard time breathing).  Tomorrow will be my last day of work at the bank, and then if I haven't had it, Monday night I will go in to the hospital at 7 pm to be induced.  They will give me cervadil to soften my cervix and Jeff and I will stay the night there.  My mom and sister are flying in that night to Atlanta and Sissy Jenkins in my ward is kind enough to pick them up for us.  Then the next day at some point they will break my water and give me pitocin if I need it.  We will probably end up having her sometime in the late afternoon of Tuesday December 2.  That day is also Jeff's grandpa's birthday, so that will be fun for Cheyenne to share that special day with him.  We will let everyone know what happens when we have her though.

Jeff and I have been a little bummed out that we weren't going to get to be with our families this year for Thanksgiving.  We have had such fun Thanksgivings since we have been married always being with at least one side of our family. Most of my family was in Kansas at my sisters house and Jeff's were in Bellingham and Utah.  We were thinking about just going out to eat, but we decided to cook our own little dinner.  Last night we went to the Super Wal Mart in Hartwell and got all the fixin's... turkey (breast), stuffing, rolls, potatoes, gravy, pumpkin pie, etc.  Today we slept in and then cooked the turkey (with several calls for help to family), and then cooked the rest of the food a little later.  The missionaries also came over and we had our own little Thanksgiving.  Afterward, we went for a walk then watched Home Alone, to get us into the Christmas spirit.  The food was sooooo delicious (although I wish I had my mom's rolls), and the day was an overall success:)  This Thanksgiving I was most grateful for my wonderful husband who I love more than anything in the whole world and our new baby who will be born very soon.  I am also so grateful for the gospel in our lives, it guides us everyday and is something that is so consistent and we can always rely on it.  This is especially important as we are young and moving to new places we know that is one thing in our life that will always be the same no matter where we are!  I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving and we will let everyone know when the baby arrives!! YAY!!!

9 comments:

Natasha Holmquist said...

Oh my word Stacey, your belly is perfect! no stretch marks! Mine had a mess of them! I hope your delivery goes well. Can't wait to see pictures of CHeyenne!!

Cicely said...

I'm so excited for you! Your belly looks awesome. Mine is hideous.

Loves!

Kristen said...

Good luck with the whole birth thing! You will do great! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving! We did too. Can't wait to hear about and see pics of Cheyenne! We are so excited for you! Haley can't wait to see her new cousin! Love you guys!

Jenny said...

Sorry I had to cut you off so abruptly the other day on the phone! I'm glad I was able to catch up with you a little bit! We will miss you guys over the holidays but you won't even notice you aren't with the fam because you will have sweet Cheyenne. Good luck on Monday! I can't wait to hear about it and see pictures. We love you guys!!!

Rach said...

seriously? not one single stretch mark? I am honestly like a tiger with stripes. you look so great, ill say a little pray for you and jeff and little tiny cheyenne. good luck girl! you can do it!

Peter and Lesha said...

I know this might not help but I have to say that made my whole hospital experience terrible (the cervadil) the nurse inserting that hurt more than my 18 hours of labor and in the end it didn't do a darn thing! it really sucked if I could choose to do it again, well I wouldn't!

Dana said...

How are you feeling? Are you still going to be induced tomorrow night? Good Luck!!! Can't wait to see some pictures!

Katie and joe said...

good luck! i hope everything goes well- and that your day is a lot shorter than mine was!

Rachel said...

Sweet linea nigra.

We needed Jeff for the Turkey Bowl as we went 0-2. Although Jeff would not have been allowed on our team, the over-30s.

Jared