Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Poker Chip Football


 About two or three weeks ago, the missionaries gave Jeff some poker chips they had at their house since they weren't allowed to have them and Jeff had really been wanting some.  I had no idea he had wanted them so bad or I would have gone to Wal-Mart and bought him some, I am sure they probably cost under 5 bucks (my husband is so easily pleased).  The next night I was cooking dinner and I kept hearing Jeff in the living room blowing air through his nose.  You know like when you think you have a booger or something in your nose and you keep blowing air like to try to get it to come out.  Anyway, it had been going on for a good three minutes and I was starting to get really grossed out (which happens very easily since I have been prego).  I was thinking umm are you serious?  So I called out, "Jeff do you need me to bring you a kleenex?"  He called back, "no."  More air blowing.  Finally I grabbed the box of kleenex and brought it in there saying "that is really gross."  Jeff looked up at me all confused, and I watched him for a second and the sound was him sliding the poker chips across the table.  We both got a good laugh about it, especially since I was so grossed out.  Anyway, this has been Jeff just about every single day since he got them.  He comes home, sits in front of the tv, turns on the football game and practices the plays he sees with the poker chips, or he'll make up new ones.  For family night he tries to teach the missionaries and I all the formations and defenses.  He gets very specific and can hold my attention span for about 5 minutes.  Then Elder Nay and I begin to steal the poker chips and play checkers with them on our checkered tablecloth.  Jeff does not like this.  Jeff pretty much eats, breathes, and lives football.  I am so glad that he loves his job so much and is always trying to learn more and more.  He is so excited to be an offensive coordinator one day and already has his whole play book created.  I was actually really excited for football season to be over last friday, but then the next day he had basketball tryouts and I am kind of thinking I wont really see him any more than I did during football season.  I am excited for Cheyenne to come and entertain me and keep me busy while he is away.  It was more fun to go to the games when Jeff coached at Kearns, since I taught there and knew most of the kids, but oh well.  I am excited for a change of season and to start going to basketball games, by the end of basketball season I will be sick of basketball and excited for football to start again...

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Leave it to Jeff to find some way to play football. He has used paper, sticks, rocks, anything he can get his hands on. Anyway I am glad he is using the chips to practice his plays, and not to gamble. You had me worried for a minute. One picture Jeff has his church clothes on, then the next pic he's playing with poker chips. Very creative.
love ya
mom connie

Rachel said...

Lets see some Wildcat formations with those poker chips.

Jared