Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Meridian football reunion...


Some of Jeff's friends from high school play semi-pro football in Canada and they made the all star game which happened to be in Atlanta!  We were really excited to see them and we also used it as an excuse for a last getaway with no kids:)  Jeff and I left after work Friday night and filled up our car with gas for under $30.  We stayed at Embassy Suites (we got a great deal on expedia) in Atlanta right by the perimeter center mall.  Our original plan was to go to the temple on Saturday (the hotel was right by the temple), but Jeff couldn't find his recommend, so we didn't end up going.  We still got to drive by it though and it is very beautiful:)  Friday night when we got there, we went to McDonalds and got some ice cream cones, then went back to the hotel and explored around.  They had an awesome pool and exercise room, so we decided to go swimming.  We had races in the pool and it felt so good to be breathing hard getting exercise I decided I would get up early and workout.  Saturday morning I went to the treadmill and started to walk.  I had been wondering if I would be able to run if I tried since I haven't run in forever.  I have never walked on a treadmill before so once I started walking, it only felt natural to start running.  I was kind of surprised.  I had been running about two minutes when I started to feel a lot of pain on the inside of my pelvic bones, but my lungs and muscles felt fine so I just concentrated and kept running.  I was able to run for about 7 or 8 minutes which I was really proud of, then I decided that was enough and went to do some lunges and I lifted weights with my arms.  It felt so good and I decided that my next pregnancy I am going to try harder to stay in better shape throughout the whole thing, because I think I wont be so miserable.  Anyway, then I went and woke up Jeff just in time for an amazing breakfast provided by the hotel.  It was SO good!! The best part was that it was included in the price of the room.  When we went back to the room, we decided to go to Ross and TJ MAXX.  We were looking around there and I started to realize it may not have been such a good idea to run on the treadmill.  My muscles felt fine, but I honestly think I may have cracked my bones down there.  I had never felt that kind of pain before and it hurt so bad, I literally could barely walk.  Then I started to get worried that I may have bruised Cheyenne's head... so I called my mom and sister but they said the baby was protected and that she was probably fine.  The plan had been for Jeff to spend the day watching football and I would spend the day walking around the mall, but I knew there was going to be no more walking for me.  We went to Robeks and shared a wrap and got AMAZING smoothies, then back to the room where we took a long nap! Then Jeff and I ended up going to the mall for about an hour (it was all I could take).  It was so fun being in the mall with the christmas decorations up and the music playing.  Oh I forgot to mention that I can tell Jeff and I live in a small town, because when we got off the exit for our hotel, we got so excited to see each store.  I felt like I was driving down the strip in vegas! We were like look there's Target! Old Navy! Ross! Macy's! Best Buy!  We were just so excited to see new stores.  Haha, I felt like Country mouse visiting City mouse.  Anyway, after checking at like four different resturants in the mall that all had over an hour wait we finally settled at our favorite Outback Steakhouse for dinner.  It was so good and we were so full when we left but we still managed to stop by Coldstone for some really good ice cream.  Jeff decided to go with his usual sweet cream and brownie and I got half dark chocolate mint and half gingerbread.... you gotta try the gingerbread ice cream there, soo good...  needless to say I felt a little sick that night from stuffing ourselves, but the taste was worth it!!  The next day we slept in through work out time and got up just in time for the yummy breakfast.  Then we packed up our stuff and got ready for the day.  We went to Chase Cantrell and Joel Pears (Jeff's friends from high school) football game which happened to be at the exact same time as the falcons were playing (unfortunately) so we had to sit through lots of traffic.  Jeff almost hit one of the cops directing traffic and needless to say he was not very happy with him.  I thought he was going to attack us.  When we arrived at the game we had no cash, and of course they didn't take cards or checks, so Jeff had to walk three blocks to an ATM machine.  Then we finally got in just in time for them to announce the players.  We sat by a few of Jeff's other friends from high school Jarrod Karuza, Corey Culp and Chase's cousin.  It was really fun to watch and Chase and Joel were the best ones out there by far!  The only down side was that it was the first FREEZING day of the year in Atlanta and we did not come prepared with our skinny little jackets.  Half time we got some hot chocolate to warm us up, but it did no good!  After the game we all went out to eat at Hard Rock Cafe.  It was really fun to spend time with them and to catch up on all of their lives.  Jeff said that even though he hadn't seen them forever it felt like nothing had changed and he had just seen them the day before.  That's the best part about good friends.  I was bummed Chase couldn't bring his wife Krystal and their brand new baby Peyton, but hopefully we will be able to see them this summer when we go home.  We had such an awesome weekend and it was a nice break between football and basketball.  



5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm glad you were able to get away one last time before the baby comes! And I can't believe you ran! I ran the night before Aidan was born. Such a weird feeling...Anyway, I'm glad you had such a great time. I'm excited to hear about a baby being born soon!

Natasha Holmquist said...

Sounds like fun! I saw Jared Karuza at disneyland like 2 months ago. haha. Very random. I remember trying to run when i was almost due, I felt like i screwed up my pelvic bone after that! Can't wait to see pictures of baby Cheyenne:)

Megan said...

We live really close to that Target by Perimeter Mall. The back part of our apt complex goes right into that shopping center with Target, Ross, and Coldstone. Sounds like you were in that area. Well come visit us sometime!

Katy said...

I know that pelvic pressure feeling! It wont get better til it's over :) but you're almost there!! And i think you're a saint for attempting going to the temple! We went when I was 35 weeks and I wanted to jump out of my skin I was so uncomfortable. And it was a packed session and very warm. And of course I had to pee... (too much info?)

Dana said...

Hi Stacey,

We haven't gone to see Aaron and Andrea yet. They're going away this week, so I was thinking about driving over to visit them sometime next week. I need to give them a call and see what day would be best to go over. How are you feeling? Do you think you could have the baby before the 2nd?