Tuesday, November 11, 2008

A temporary decision...

First of all I want to thank everyone for their stories and opinions about being induced.  I didn't realize how many people felt so strongly either for or against it.  I think with my blog and facebook I got over 30 comments about it, and I promise I read all of them at least twice.  It was really interesting reading about people's experiences and what they would do if they could do it over or if they had more of a choice the first time.  I wanted to write each person back and ask questions and have conversation about each situation, but unfortunately that would have taken forever! So I really did enjoy each of your comments and thank you for taking the time to help me decide what to do!  Jeff and I talked about it, but Jeff really just will support me in whatever I decide to do and obviously has no opinion about being induced since he has never had to think about it before.  I talked to my sister a lot who researches stuff about labor like crazy and is like super mom and super breastfeeder, etc... haha, anyway she has taken the time to learn a lot about things having to do with labor more from a natural point of view.  I also talked to my brother who is an anesthesiologist (I have no idea how to spell that, but he gives epidurals) and he has gone through lots of medical school and is also one of the smartest people I know.  Anyway, along with all the stories from everyone, I decided since I waited this long I can at least wait until my due date.  I was looking at some of the early ultrasounds I got and two of the ultrasounds had my due date as November 25, one as November 27 and then my estimated due date by my last menstrual period was supposed to be December 4.  My mom and sister are coming in for the delivery on either November 30 or December 1, and Jeff has a basketball game on December 1, so if it hasn't come by December 2, we will go ahead and induce labor then.  So the latest she will come is probably December 3rd.  That's the plan so far, I might change my mind to wait longer, but I am really doubting that, because the last couple of nights have been pretty miserable, I don't know why.  Anyway, just thought I would let you all know that we have come to a temporary decision and that I am really thankful for everyone taking the time to share your thoughts with me!  I threw in some 38 week pictures of me, hopefully I am almost there:)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Even at 8 1/2 months pregnant you still have a cute figure. I don't know if we can be friends anymore ;)

Bonnie and Tyler said...

no kidding, i wish i looked like that!!

connie and frank said...

Stacey
You are so smart and seem to know just how to solve a dilemma. We support you in every way. You look great!!!!!
from
connie

Rachel said...

Where are the pregnant pictures?

Just for the record I recommended: no induction until post-dates. Also, in order to "naturally" induce labor you should be doing the blue cohosh, red raspberry tea, evening primrose oil, intercourse at least daily, and every time you see you doctor ask him to strip your membranes. Except don't waste your money on that herbal stuff.

Jared

Rach said...

you look awesome. i was basically a blimp at that point, you rock! good decision. its amazing how hard the last few weeks are....SO miserable, i guess it helps remebering that during labor, cause we just want the thing out that much more. you can do it though. it totally sucks now but it will be over someday (it probably feels like forever though)

Jenny said...

You're almost there! You look awesome!

Brittany Slesk said...

You look beautiful!! I am so excited to see your little one! I really think we are going to come visit you some time next year, we just miss you guys TOO much! Oh, and I did finish your bag, FINALLY! I will send it today. Love ya!

Nadia said...

Stacey,
I'm very excited for you to have your baby! I was so happy when I found out that you, sarah, and brittany were all due around the same time, was that planned? Anyway, I wish you the best and can't wait to see your baby! Keep in touch, our blog is sncates.blogspot.com
-Nadia