Sunday, October 24, 2010

Just Because I don't know what else to do right now

So for baby girl #2 (still no name yet), I just really wanted to experience going into labor on my own... this morning (well, actually at this point I suppose it was yesterday morning, since it is now 5:30 am the next day) I woke up suspecting I was leaking amniotic fluid. I will spare the details, but pretty much it was all watery and I don't know what else it could have been. I woke up at 6:15 and didn't really know what to do, so I woke Jeff up at 6:30. He didn't really know what to do or say so I called my mom (it was 3:30 her time)... anyway, I ended up waiting until 7 am then calling the doctor. He said to go ahead and come into the hospital anywhere from 9 to noon. My sister and mom wanted to fly out for the birth, which we weren't expecting to happen so soon, so I got a friend to watch Cheyenne and tried to get into the hospital as soon as possible to find out if it was really broken and if I was going to be having the baby. My mom and sister started to look up flights and get ready to go.

I got to the hospital and checked in and at this point I still hadn't had any contractions. I did notice the night before at the football game that the baby's head felt extreme pressure on my bones, and it was more difficult to walk. Anyway, so I get my little gown on and lay down in the bed. I told the first nurse to come in my story with all the specific details and she was certain it was the amniotic fluid. I started to get nervous and excited because I thought, "holy cow" I am going to have this baby today! Anyway, the next nurse came in to check me and she tested the fluid with a strip and it turned yellow instead of blue, meaning it was not amniotic fluid. Then she checked and I was still only dilated to a 2 and a "little thick" (I was 60% effaced before, so I am assuming that is what she meant). Anyway, she could feel the baby's head and that it was still intact in the water sac, so she said she was confident it was not my water leaking. I called my mom and sister and talked to them for a little bit, then the nurse came back in and said Dr. Sepesi said that he feels comfortable with my exam, so if you want to go home you can, or we can just go ahead and induce you now. It was so tempting to get induced right then, since my bags were all packed, I was already hooked up and in my gown and I was getting excited, but I decided that I wanted to try to wait for my mom and sister to get here and just give the baby a little more time to make sure she was "fully cooked." They checked me out of the hospital so I called my mom who was almost to the airport in Seattle and she decided not to come. My sister was also planning on trying to change her flight to come and my dad had just gotten there to visit her, so she decided to stick to her original plan of coming on Monday.

I was sooo tired when I got home. I felt really bad because our friends had taken Cheyenne to Atlanta for the day with them and we pretty much got a whole day of babysitting. I was exhausted mentally and physically when I got home so I went to bed and took a 2 hour nap. It was the best nap ever! Thankfully, as you can see, I am not getting much sleep tonight! About an hour or so after I woke up, I started to feel really crampy in my back and uterus area. Not painful contractions that would come and go, just a constant crampy uncomfortable feeling. Then probably around 5 ish I started getting contractions that were uncomfortable and hurt but didn't take my breath away or anything. I didn't ever time them or anything because I knew they weren't very regular... I was probably getting about 1-4 an hour. They started getting more painful as the night went on, to where I couldn't concentrate on what I was saying when I started to have one, and I would start to sweat and need to go outside. By about 11 ish, they started getting extremely painful. Finally at 3:45 am I decided I would start timing them since I couldn't sleep anyway. Here is what I have had so far:

Began: Duration: Time Between:
3:45 am 95 seconds
3:59 am 90 seconds 14 minutes
4:10 am 45 seconds 11 minutes
4:34 am 95 seconds 24 minutes
4:49 am 45 seconds 15 minutes
5:07 am 45 seconds 18 minutes
5:18 am 60 seconds 11 minutes
5:27 am 70 seconds 9 minutes
5:40 am 85 seconds 13 minutes
5:55 am 90 seconds 15 minutes
6:05 am 105 seconds 10 minutes
6:17 am 90 seconds 12 minutes

They are obviously pretty irregular at this point, this is so frustrating. Another problem is that the pain isn't really going away in between contractions. Sometimes it does, but most of the time I am all crampy and uncomfortable. Also, sometimes it will feel like a contraction is coming on and then stops. I have felt the baby move, but it is little soft movements instead of the usual violent and extreme that have been happening daily for the last few months. My biggest concern is how long can this go on?? I don't know if I can handle more days with these. I have been looking on the internet and reading about contractions and they it seems that when you are having contractions this irregularly and far apart that they shouldn't be so long or intense. Everywhere is saying they get to be 90 seconds at the end of labor and strongest at the end of labor. I think I am just seriously a giant wimp when it comes to pain, because these are just about as painful as I remember having with Cheyenne. I don't see how they could get anymore painful, I could just have less rest in between I suppose... if you even can call this rest... well, I am just seriously uncomfortable and everyone else in my life is asleep right now, so I didn't know what else to do besides a blog post.

I am hoping this will turn into me having the baby just because I don't want to go through this for much longer!! These random contractions have now been going on for like 12 hours. I hope that wasn't my water that was leaking this morning because I have the Strep B thing and if it was the water, that is probably important for me to be on antibiotics... the nurse said she was confident though, so maybe it was just the mucous plug or something... either way at least this shows I am progressing right??? One step closer to not having to be induced, although right now, being induced was much less painful, because I only had to deal with the contractions for a few hours before I got the drugs!!

I seriously feel so wired right now, I am soo tired, but I can't lay down, my mind is racing and I keep having to bounce my legs... on top of it all, the Primary Program is tomorrow and I am supposed to do the sharing time lesson, which I had all planned, but haven't finished preparing, because of the distraction of the contractions... I feel slightly stressed out... maybe I should be doing that instead of this.

3 comments:

Karolyn said...

Hang in there! It's got to be almost time!!!

April said...

Well, I know that you've had her! I can't wait to hear all the details...did she come this night?! So exciting! Congratulations Stacey!
April

Yates Family said...

I got on here to ask more details and saw from the other comment that you've had her!!!!!! Congratulations! I can't wait to hear more! I hope you and baby are doing wonderful! Love you Stacey!!