Saturday, March 5, 2011

New baby and gymnastics meet

I keep forgetting to put these pictures in the right order, so they are backwards. Last week, my friend Wendi called me and asked me to come get her kids, because they had found a birth mother who wanted to place her baby, and she was about to deliver! I quickly went to their house to pick up her kids Maddie and Wesley. We had a great time playing and they were so excited when their mom called to say it was true that they were really going to be adopting a little boy. We took the kids to Stevi-B's and then headed to the hospital to meet the little guy. Maddie was so excited to go and see the baby and Jeff was driving her crazy because he ate 21 pieces of pizza and she just wanted to leave to go to the hospital! We got there and it was such an amazing experience for me. It was so amazing to see this family that we care so much about see their little boy for the first time. It was so cool to think about how little spirits come to this earth and how each child takes different paths to get to the family they belong to. He was the cutest little baby and Jeff kept saying, "Stacey we should get one too." Haha... they made it seem so easy! We are so happy and excited for the Clantons and their new little addition.

After we saw the baby we headed over to the Georgia Gymdawg gymnastics meet. It was so much fun and Cheyenne loved it. I want to go again for sure. Oh and I had also curled Cheyenne's hair for the first time ever that day and it was so cute! I am loving having a daughter with long hair, she is like my little dolly. I hope she will let me dress her and do her hair for a long time to come!
Berkeley Lynn

I did Cheyenne's hair curly for the first time... it was hard as she doesn't hold her head still very well.

Cheyenne LOVED the gymnastics meet. She was dancing around and made friends with some 12 ish year old girls sitting behind us.

Cheyenne and Jeff at the Georgia gymdawg gymnastic meet.

Wendi with Micah getting his first bath.

At the hospital seeing Micah for the first time.

Maddie and Berkeley waiting to hear news about her baby brother.

Cheyenne's curled hair.

4 comments:

connie and frank said...

love the curly hair. thanks for sharing these wonderful pics

Molly said...

LOVE the curly hair. I wish my girls hair would hold curls. So cute!!

The Clanton Gang said...

THANKS THANKS THANKS for watching the kids for us!! You were a lifesaver!!

Steve and Brittany said...

Her hair is so pretty curly! That last picture she looks more like 4 then 2! Such a pre-teen expression! :) Oh and I love the pics of her playing with that little boy that I guess you tend, it is so cute!