Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Eve

One day I will remember to upload the pictures in order!! Until then, here they are backwards again:
After Santa came

Our cookies didn't exactly turn out the shapes they were supposed to be... The dough was too sticky, next year we will make our own dough.
Soo tired during Charlie Brown Christmas:
Berksey with her Hand, Foot & Mouth Disease:
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care:
Her favorite toy:
Cheyenne's hair is getting soooo long!
Making the cookies:
A rare smile for the camera (she usually runs and hides when we get it out):
Two turtle doves! haha:)
Me and my friend the Christmas tree:

We were sooo excited for Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I had the entire day planned out. I left early in the morning to get some groceries, then when I got back, Jeff left to get some last minute Christmas gifts. The girls and I read Christmas books, played games, went for a walk, and played with toys until nap time. The day went by sooo slow!

After their nap, we had Ham, Potatoes, Gravy, Homemade bread, salad and stuffing. It was so delicious. Then we put on a Christmas movie while Jeff and I cleaned up. Then we finished making Ginger snaps, and made and frosted sugar cookies. Cheyenne kept eating all the dough, so we had to banish her from helping until they had cooked. She also kept licking the cookie cutters, so we were down to only about 2 or 3 useable ones.

We mixed glitter and cereal and sprinkled food out for the reindeer. We let the girls each open 1 present on Christmas Eve. Cheyenne and Berkeley each chose one from their Great Grandma Slesk. Jeff and I loved it most, it was the cutest ever Washington jersey, some adorable jeans and tennis shoes, then the girls got some matching shirts. We also told the nativity story and sang a few Christmas carols.

We put Berkeley to bed first, then I put Cheyenne's hair in curlers before bed, so I wouldn't have to do much to her hair the next day for church. Then we put the milk and cookies out for Santa and finally put Cheyenne to bed. She was so excited, she kept getting out of bed to go to the bathroom. I kept telling her Santa was going to skip our house if she wasn't asleep, but she just couldn't go to sleep. She FINALLY fell asleep around 10 or 11.

Then Santa came and brought the toys. Since he brought a little hoop and ball, Jeff was so excited! I was in here on the computer and I heard him shooting for like 15-30 minutes. Then I came out there and he beat me like 5 times in horse. I asked him if I could practice for a minute. I shot like 7 times, then he was like, "Okay is it my turn now?" He was LOVING it! I couldn't stop laughing:) It was a great Christmas Eve!!

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Sounds wonderful!!! Everything sounds so familiar. Jeff was just like Cheyenne on Christmas morning. And.... it is amazing what the magical time of Christmas will do to kids, they even will let you TAKE THEIR PICTURE!!1