Friday, December 23, 2011

Thanksgiving







We did little sweet potato souffles in the cupcake tower:)

Oh my goodness I am so far behind on my posting! For Thanksgiving this year, Aaron and his family were so sweet to come and spend it with us! Andrea had to drive all three kids on her own, so I know it was especially hard for her. Aaron and Andrea bought a new car while they were here, so they spent much of the time researching to find the best deal. As usual it was so much fun having them here and they are always just so fun to be around.

We had a delicious and easy peasy Thanksgiving dinner. None of us are that into cooking or being fancy, so we bought an already cooked Turkey and an already cooked (honey baked) ham. We made the sweet potatoes mostly the night before if I remember correctly. Then the potatoes were easy and we had pre-made rolls as well. We ate off of paper products so the clean-up was a breeze as well. It was my kind of Thanksgiving! Oh Andrea did make a blackberry pie, and I bought a pumpkin one.

I would like to say that we spent the morning playing in a turkey bowl, but Jeff's high school football team was still in the state playoffs (Elite 8) so they had practice Thanksgiving Day. When he got home, he and I headed over to see if people in our ward were still playing, but since it was about 11:00, they had already finished. Jeff and I threw the ball around a little and kicked some extra points (seriously I don't understand why so many kickers can't make those... I guess I didn't have people running at me to tackle me though). It was so fun because we got to be with family- thanks Aaron and Andrea for making the trip up here:) I plan on keeping it this way in the future, I would much rather be out enjoying sports with others than stuck in the kitchen cooking- bleh!! From now on, I am going to buy pre-made stuff or make stuff the night before!

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Sounds like you found just the right thing for you!!! Glad Aaron and Andrea and fam could be there to share with you. Fun times.