Sunday, August 3, 2008

Nursery





 Here is what we have done so far on the baby's room.  Jeff put up the curtain rod and curtains all by himself while I was at work one day.  I painted a bunch of picture frames to eventually put the baby's pictures in.  We also got a canopy and are actually gonna put the crib under it, but we haven't bought a crib yet, so for now we have the bassinet in there.  All of the furniture was already in the house we are renting and we went around and moved what we wanted into this room.  The reclining chair is a little old, but it is soooo comfortable and will be perfect for nursing.  The little lamp, we got at ikea.  I got the two stuffed bears at garage sales.  I am going to paint the small chair that the tiny bear is sitting on pink. The little bear you may notices is wearing a diaper.  This is the bear that Jeff practices on.  Just Kidding.  I wanted to put the diaper on something because it was so little and cute.  I am also painting the outlet covers and three medium sized canvases.  The thing I spent the most time on though and that I am the most proud of is the name sign I made.  I bought letters at Michaels and painted them and glued them on a background and hung them with ribbon.  It turned out sooo adorable, but we don't want to tell the name yet, so that will have to be posted later.  I don't know how much longer we will be able to keep the name a secret, but I am holding out today at least.  If anyone has any other ideas for our little nursery, they are more than welcome!! We still have about 16 weeks til the baby is born and so we have plenty of time for projects:) Stay tuned, because later this week I will be posting my 6 month belly pictures and I have definitely grown!  We love and miss all you guys, come visit us if you ever have the chance!

3 comments:

connie and frank said...

Jeff and Stacey, you are so lucky to find a home with items that you need. You are really on the ball getting things ready. Looks great!
thanks for keeping us updated.
love from
mom and dad Bennum

Natasha Holmquist said...

Aww, I am so excited for you guys!!! Being a mommy is the best feeling in the world :) So just 3 more months?!? Those months are the most exciting because the baby really starts to get big and you can feel tons of kicks and hiccups all the time! Now post those belly pics!!!

Tiffany said...

How fun! Isn't it fun preparing for a new little one?! I'm way jealous! I feel like there is so much I need to do still, but here I am stuck on bed rest. :( Hopefully my little dude will hold on long enough that I will be taken off of bedrest and be given some time to hurry and get stuff done. :D