Saturday, August 2, 2008

Temple trip

Last weekend we decided we should probably make a trip to the temple before football started.  We woke up really early and stopped at garage sales along the way.  We found some baby clothes and books so that was good.  When we got to the temple, nobody was there.  Last time I tried to go to the temple with my brother Aaron and we found out that the temples were closed on Mondays, so I knew they weren't closed on Saturdays.  There was a guy in the booth so we asked what was going on and he said they were closed for their yearly two week cleaning- what are the chances??? SO we drove two hours for pretty much nothing!! We did get some nice pictures by the temple and stopped at IKEA and COSTCO on the way home, so I guess with the garage sale stops, it was okay.  I have learned my lesson though, and will check on the schedule online before I go from now on!  

2 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Good job Stacey and Jeff, at least you tried to go to the temple. Its nice that you update, I love keeping in touch.
Love, Aunt Robyn

connie and frank said...

Jeff and Stacey;
Dad and I, grandma and grandpa were going to the Seattle temple on Friday. Dad and I remembered something about the temple being closed, so dad called and sure enough it was closed. Thank goodness we checked. Anyway, keep trying, it will be worth it.
love you guys, thanks for the updates
mom and dad