Sunday, August 31, 2008

Friday Night Lights


This picture is from the last football game on Friday night, ECCHS vs. Riverside Military Academy.  The week before we had played so badly I was really concerned about the rest of the season and the security of the coaches' jobs.  Just a week later though, they had improved about twenty times.  The team that they played was also a lot
 better than the previous week.  We scored at the end of the game with less than a minute to play and we decided to go for 2 and unfortunately didn't get it, so we lost 21-20.  It was such an exciting game and so fun to watch.  The team played so much better than the week before, I think they have the potential to win a few games this season.  Jeff and the other coaches put in tons of time and are working so hard to help the team improve.  There have only been two games so far, but he has gotten home at 3:30 am and 4:30 am respectively.  For those of you who know Jeff well, you know that he loves his sleep so it is a big sacrifice!! I thought Jeff would be getting burned out, but he still loves football more than anything and is loving his job.  We are so lucky that he has found a profession that makes him so happy.  He is going to be coaching basketball as well, so I am excited for the Cheyenne to get here so I have something to keep me busy while he is away.
This is Brent Absher, Jeff met him on his mission to Mexico.  He is living in North Carolina, so he drove three hours to come see Jeff's team play and watch college football on Saturday with Jeff.  It was fun having him here and Jeff was excited to have someone to discuss football with while he watched (who actually knows something, I just know whatever Jeff tells me).  People down here don't think football exists anywhere except the south, and Jeff predicted Utah would beat Michigan and no one believed him.  He has been talking about how much he loves UW and how they were gonna be great this year, so the night didn't end so well as we stayed up past 1 am only to watch the Huskies get killed 41-10.  I felt bad for Jake Locker, because no one could catch any of his passes:(  He is still Jeff's favorite player in college football right now, and Jeff is still a die hard Husky fan, but we are in for a long season!  We also liked Tyrone Willingham and were hoping he would be able to keep his job.  Anyway, that's what is going on around here.  It's funny because before I got married I don't think I had ever watched more than one football game in one day, and now I can spend all day watching with Jeff and actually enjoying myself:) I can feel Jeff and I growing closer everyday, and I thank God everyday that I am able to be married to him.  It's just so amazing to me that I can love someone so much.  
P.S.  Later this week will be my 28 week prego pictures:)

4 comments:

The Wilson Pratt Wilson Family said...

Hi Stacey! How are you and how is the pregnancy going? I meant to comment a while back and tell you how great you look! I secretly am really jealous of how fit you still are! I was a massive pregnant woman, but that's a story for another day. Oh, about my cousin, she passed away twelve years ago from heart complications. She was the sweetest ever. And Cheyenne is the best name! I love it - good choice. I bet you are so excited for your little girl to be here. It is so much fun. You guys have so much to look forward to. Being a mom is the best!

Natasha Holmquist said...

Stacey!! I need you're address!! :)

The Lilly's said...

Wow, and to think we complained last year about Jeff and Steve spending so much time at the school for football...that was nothing compared to 3 and 4 in the morning! I'm glad he's loving it so much. Can't wait to see the 28 week pics.

Brittany Slesk said...

You look like you guys are having fun! That football field looks beautiful, there is not much better than a friday night football game! :) So last saturday night during the Huskie game, I think I told Eli at least 15 times that I missed you guys. It's just not the same without you! SEC fans are great aren't they??!! I can't wait to see your prego pictures! You are so cute!! Are you guys going up to WA for Christmas? If you don't, can we come and visit you? Hope everything is going well. Love ya!