Saturday, January 17, 2009

Proud Parents

This was so exciting for me because Cheyenne so far has kind of been this little adorable "blob" that I take care of.  I say "blob" because she didn't quite seem like a real person yet.  She didn't interact with me or seem to understand any of the world around her.  Well in the past week or so she has really started to "see" me and make eye contact with me.  She has also started to begin to respond to me by smiling while she is making eye contact with me, I love this!  I have tried to get her interested in objects, but have not been so successful.  She has a pink bouncy chair and I have noticed this past week she has started to actually focus on the little hanging toys, although she has made no effort to touch them, she gets really excited when I spin the noisy ball tube, or crinkle the noisy wings of the butterfly.  Anyway, last night I was changing her diaper and I have these noisy wrist straps.  I have strapped them on her before and she seems to like that, but I put them in her hands and she grabbed them!! She was holding on tight and I moved my arms and told her to shake them and she did it!  I know this is so lame, but I was so so excited.  I told Jeff I felt like crying because I couldn't believe she could hold an object.  Man if I get this excited about her holding something I wonder how I will react when she starts to wear make-up or date!  Anyway, this was a super exciting thing, so I got it on video...

8 comments:

connie and frank said...

so cute
I can't quit watching it
madesyn and kyla watched it too.
love ya
mom and dad bennum

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Stacey and Jeff, the movie was wonderful, I loved Stacey's giggle in the background.
Love you, Aunt Robyn

Rach said...

dont feel silly, i cried when lily rolled over:)

Karolyn said...

You are so cute Stacey! And what a good mommy to feel so proud of her baby!

Johnny and Eirian said...

Oh such a cute video, I love it!

P.S. you're totally supposed to feel proud and excited about the milestones- and this qualifies!

Megan said...

Hey I know that they do some summer tournaments. There is this one guy that always has people over to play grass volleyball at his place but he knows about all the tournament stuff too. My friend Lisa has his contact info. I've never played outdoor here only court. That's so cool that Diane is getting married!

Your little girl is super cute. Hope you are doing well.

Dana said...

http://www.johnlscott.com/propertydetail.aspx?IS=1&ListingID=300049730

Here's a link to the house we put an offer in on. It may take a while to hear anything about it and we may not even be able to get it (because the lady who owns it has loans with three different banks)... so I guess it might be complicated.

Dana said...

Cute Video!