Saturday, January 31, 2009

My running partner

I have finally chosen a race to train for.  I want to run a marathon, but I can't find any ones close in August or September, but I still might do it if I find a good one.  So in order to keep my motivation, I picked a couple of races to train for.  I am going to run a half marathon on May 16 in Summerville, Georgia.  I may be able to do another half on June 27th in Seattle if we end up being there on that date.  Also, there is a half on June 6th in Kansas City which is right by where my sister lives, so it may be a great excuse to visit her.  Then there is a marathon July 24th in Salt Lake City.  All of the races except for the one in Georgia would be so much fun, but are probably not very likely to happen due to lack of travel funds, hahah.... but if anyone else wants to join me in the Summerville one or any of the others please let me know, and then they will be more likely to happen!!! I had to post this cute little picture of Cheyenne in her jogging stroller, because as I have been running I look down at my bundled up little angel and she makes me want to run faster!  I loved having an athletic mom growing up and I want to be a good example to Cheyenne of taking care of my body and enjoying being physically active for my whole life!  I think that is why we are supposed to have kids to motivate ourselves to be better people and to learn to serve!

10 comments:

Tiffany said...

She looks so adorable all bundled up in there. You are such a great mom.

Kristen said...

What a cute picture! You motivate me to run! I am not a runner but I have started running a little bit. No marathon yet for me. Take care! Can't wait to see you this summer:)

Peter and Lesha said...

she is super cute all bundled up. Yeah I told Peter I wanted to start running about two months ago and I have been once:( it's hard. I do other stuff though so I don't feel to super lazy (aerobics classes and swim) good for you though, wow a marathon, can't imagine that. I bet your little gal loves to be outside with you, they all seem to love the fresh air.

The Lilly's said...

That is the cutest picture, I could just squeeze her! I agree, it's so important for your kids to see you active.

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

It's always the best when you capture those fun moments on camera! Great job at being active after having a baby (at least your body healed quickly :-) ). Good luck on your marathon training!

Megan said...

Cute cute cute!

Andree and Josh said...

So cute!

Katy said...

That's such a great picture! Good for you for getting back into shape so fast!

Jenny said...

i love that picture!!! good for you! i knew you would bounce right back into shape. i am running the Salt Lake marathon on April 18th. i am excited. jeff and i had so much fun cheering you on when you did it. you did an amazing job.

Dana said...

Cute picture and all in pink! :)