Friday, January 16, 2009

Nashville Tennessee







We went to Nashville for Jeff to attend the AFCA coaching convention.  Jeff's parents came with us and then flew out of Nashville back to Bellingham, we miss them already!  The first day we got there we drove through Franklin because that is supposedly where many of the stars live (like tim and faith).  We didn't see any famous people there but we did stop at an awesome high school.  It was huge and the facilities for athletics were amazing!  Then we got to Nashville and drove around touring the town.  The next day we walked around downtown and went in some of the "Honkey Tonks" and listened to some live music.  Unfortunately after that we had to take Connie and Frank to the airport.  That night Jeff went to listen to some speakers at the conference and I walked around hoping to find some famous coaches.  I saw tons of coaches, but no one that I knew.  The Opryland Resort where the conference was held was also amazing.  We also got to see Cosper who is the head football coach at Kearns High School where Jeff and I coached last year.  It was so great to see him as well as Coach Rickerts who Jeff taught with at Taylorsville.  It felt like we had just seen them yesterday, and it made me miss Kearns and all the awesome people who worked there. While we were there we also visited the Opryland Mall, drove down Music Row, went to Old Spaghetti Factory, and got to relax.  Jeff got to listen to lots of great speakers including Joe Paterno and Nick Saban.  On the last day of the conference he also saw Urban Meyer at a resturaunt and got to shake his hand as he congratulated him on his season.  It was a fun trip and we were so lucky to be able to go:)

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Great pics! Sounds like you had a fun trip! Miss you guys!

connie and frank said...

that was so much fun.
Cute pictures of you guys and Cheyenne.
love ya
mom

Peter and Lesha said...

and all with a baby, you amaze me it's all I can do some days to get to the grocery store. glad you had fun looks cool I would like it there cause I love Country:)

kado! said...

Hello! Found your link on Kristen's blog!....It's great to see your beautiful family pictures! I'm not sure if you remember me Stacy....I was actually the same age as your sister Heather...and good friends with her too! Hope she is doing well...if she has a blog let me know I'd love to say hi! Jeff, I was excited to hear about your coaching job and I hope your season went well! Wishing you guys the happiest New Year!