Friday, April 17, 2009

House Hunting!!

So we have been looking at houses around here for a while, and we decided it was a good time for us to buy with the $8000 tax credit, low interest rates and low housing prices here (like combining coupons, hahha). Anyway, it has been crazy and busy and stressful, but we have been having so much fun with it. We found a realtor who was recommended to us by my sister-in-law's friend who works around here. We decided to buy in Athens area, because they have way more of a choice of houses and the resell value will probably be higher when the time comes.  So anyway, today we decided which house we liked the best and the winner was:
It is a brand new house with 2315 square feet. It has 3 bedrooms, 2.5 baths and an unfinished bonus room. It is in a large subdivision with lots of more expensive homes so that is good.

Here is my favorite part!! The shower in the master bathroom, I wish I would have taken a better picture, but it is beautiful!! It is real tile, very pretty...

Here is the bathtub with the cool frosty window and behind the tub is the side of the shower. I like the ledge by the tub too.

When I took these pictures I wasn't planning on posting them, so I kind of took pics of stuff I wanted to remember. The funky light fixture is in the extra sitting area in the master bedroom and the fan light fixture with the trey ceiling is in the master bedroom main area.



This is the kitchen. It will come with black appliances, except we have to buy a fridge, boo... we also have to buy blinds with this house. But I really like the kitchen too. These are granite counter tops and it has a tile backsplash thing.

Here is another view of the kitchen. It is an eat in kitchen with area to put a table, but I don't think I got a picture of that.

Here is the dining room, very pretty wainscoating...

Here is where our tv will be mounted. It is a marble fireplace as well.

This is the extra bathroom with a tile floor.

This is the unfinished bonus room and to the right is a picture of what it could look like if we finished it (It was in a different house that had it finished). We are putting an offer on this house as soon as we sign the paperwork, at least by Monday. We are so excited to see what happens:)

16 comments:

connie and frank said...

Jeff and Stacey
2 beautiful choices. Wow! I think your choices are great!! If you feel good about it, you should do it. This is a big commitment, but smart way to use your $$$. Will Jeff like the drive to work? Can't wait to see Stacy and Cheyenne this week.
love ya
mom and dad bennum

Natasha Holmquist said...

Wow! Those are both beautiful houses!! How exciting :) Hope it all works out!

Kristen said...

I love both houses! Wow, I like your 1st choice best too. Of course the 2nd choice will have a few dings here and there because it has been lived in. But those are minor things that can be fixed. Like my mom said if you feel good about it do it!! Buying a house is the best investment ever!! Good luck. I cant wait to come visit! See you next week:)

kado! said...

♥ your coice on the house very beautiful! I love the trey-cellings! and the colors! Looks like it has a great yard...and you will love living in a culd-a-sac...especially when the kids get older! Can't wait to see how you decorate it!

yep..that $8,000 tax credit is great this year because unlike previous years it does NOT have to be paid back! As long as you purchase the home before Dec 01, 2009! Great investment and bonus for buying this year!

got your cute thank you-note today! You are most welcome! & thanks for the card...I ♥ cards/mail it makes my day! I hope th cookies turned out good!

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Stacey and Jeff, Wow, the home is beautiful.....I thought you bought the house you were living in now. Great for you guys, I'm excited for you.....
We thought we may have sold ours but found out today that the buyers won't qualify for a loan for six months, the wife just graduated from college. They love the house but if we sell it before they qualify....Things change and so do opinions, who knows. We have two other interested buyers, one whose husband will see it this week, the other whose fiance will be seeing it this week. Who really knows. But I'm going house hunting again. When I narrow it down I will post some pictures. I am really excited and happy for you, maybe a little jealous. You started out with such a beautiful home......No, I'm happy beyound words......Love ya, thanks for the update....

Jenny said...

i love the hardwood floors and are those cherry cabinets in the kitchen? the house is so nice! i love all of the colors and the white trim. you can't go wrong with either house. lucky you!!!

Megan said...

I love watching House Hunters on HGTV and you actually get to do that! I don't know if you are good at making the process sound fun but I've heard from other friends this can be so stressful! I hope everything works out for you. Very exciting!

Rach said...

thats SO exciting! that will be so nice to have a big kitchen that is all your own.

so i dont know when i find out what we are having...i have an apointment in a few days and then i think we schedual it from there. with lils i was 22 weeks...lets cross our fingers for earlier shall we?

Nate and Jacque Holt said...

Stac, it's gorgeous!! That's awesome that you guys can buy a brand new house!! can't wait to hear what happens.

Dave and Rashelle said...

Those are both beautiful. That is so exciting...i can't wait till Dave and I can buy our first place!!

Laura Bradford said...

That house looks awesome! I am so jealous! I hope you get it!

Andree and Josh said...

House hunting can be a pain, but it's fun at the same time. Love this house! Hope you get it!

Cicely said...

Sweet Lou those houses are awesome. Buy a house was so fun for us- I hope it is a good experience for you guys too.

Dana said...

I just dropped you off at the airport and am at Ben and Jenny's house looking at your blog. This is a really pretty house! It's too bad they won't install the toilet paper holders for you. I hope you have a safe trip home!

Brittany Slesk said...

Eli talked to Jeff and said you guys bought! CONGRATS! Isn't that tax credit awesome. I keep telling Eli we need to get on it. When are you guys coming to Utah? Can't wait to see you and that beautiful baby of yours!

Andrea Palmer said...

Congrats Stace!!! I am genuinely SO happy and excited for you! What a beautiful home! I miss you!