Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Florida Spring Break






Last week we went to Florida for Jeff's spring break to visit my brother, Aaron, sis in law, Andrea, niece Audrey and nephew Austin (and doggie Scully). Life has been crazy busy since we got back, but I wanted to post these, so its not as organized as I would like. Okay so apparently I put these in reverse chronological order, so start at the bottom... We left for Florida on Saturday after chasing down the mailman, finding him, only to find that Jeff's new running shoes had still not arrived yet. On the way to Florida, we stopped at Auburn University to look at their baseball and football stadiums. Here is Jeff and Cheyenne in front of the football stadium. The next picture is just after we arrived at my brother's house. These are his two adorable kids, Audrey and Austin. They just LOVED Cheyenne!! When we left, they were crying because they were going to miss Cheyenne, they used to cry because they were going to miss me!! I have just become Cheyenne's mom and not Stacey anymore, hahah, just kidding. The next picture is of Jeff and Cheyenne at the Strawberry fields. Jeff used to work at the strawberry fields, so he wasn't too excited about picking them. He pushed Cheyenne around while we picked out the ripe ones. Then we ate delicious strawberry frozen yogurt and strawberry shortcake. Most of the vacation was relaxing around the house which was really nice. The next picture is of Jeff and Austin and Cheyenne, they were all sitting in that one chair together so I had to get a pic. We were so excited to get to the beach, we went on Wednesday when it was soooo windy and cold! I had a little beach skirt on, but ended up trading it for my sweats! Audrey and I did get in the water though, because it was warmer in the water than outside. We took some pictures of Cheyenne's first time at the beach. At the end she was cold so I brought her inside my sweatshirt with me and she loved it. The next day, we went to the outlets by Destin Commons. We found Cheyenne some cute sunglasses and a St. Patrick's Day dress for next year for only $2. Jeff got second place in his NCAA tournament bracket so he won $50. He bought some UNC tarheel shorts to honor the team who won him money. He also got a visor to wear during summer football practices. Austin was kept entertained during the shopping trip by pushing Cheyenne around the store in the stroller, he did a pretty good job and only bumped into a few clothing racks:) We also fed Cheyenne rice cereal for the first time on this trip, which I will probably add a video of later. She didn't really like it. We only did it once though, and then I did it again yesterday when she was already cranky, so we will try it again today and see how she does. Friday, my brother and his wife had their 20 week ultrasound and found a healthy baby GIRL!!! My niece Audrey was so excited, so we spent lots of time discussing name possibilities. That night we went to an Asian buffet to celebrate the news. Luckily, our last day in Florida, Saturday was BEAUTIFUL!!! We all went to the beach again and this time it was warm and just amazing. Jeff and I ran nine miles barefoot along the beach which was sooo beautiful and awesome. Our feet, legs and Jeff's back got FRIED, and my feet felt like they were broken for a few days, but we are feeling better now, and it was all worth it. Cheyenne enjoyed this beach trip more than the last, as she stayed warm the whole time and got to take a nap in her Aunt Andrea's arms:) We drove home on Easter Sunday, which probably wasn't a very good way to honor the day. We had such a great vacation and can't wait to go back again someday soon. I go to Washington next week for my friend Diane's wedding so I am trying to get lots of stuff done here before I leave. Hope everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see all you Washingtonians next week!!!

5 comments:

kado! said...

What AWESOME pictures!....yea don't you hate how the blogger system put the pictures in reverse...I always have to remember that and put them in backwards...so they are correct when I view them!

I love your new name...I get that all the time too..I'm "Quentyn's mom" mainly....but I'm sure I'll be "Mhasyn's mom" once he starts school too!

Wow..you are quite the vacationer....FL...then WA...you are lucky...have a FUN time!

ad You are Super Welcome for the little package...you know you put those cupcake molds on a cookie sheet..right..I'm not sure if I explained it...just set them on a cookie sheet...make sure you spray them with Pam cooking spray or spray oil...they will stick...believe me...i've had to have the kids eat the cupcakes out of the molds with a spoon...which actually is kinda fun! Then i just soak them in warm water and hand wash them....I know you can put them in the dishwasher but honestly....they never come perfectly clean that way for me...so I just hand wash! Hope you are able to enjoy some yummy homemade muffins soon! =)

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

Nice, Thanks for the update, it is always fun to see what is going on in your life. Glad to see some pictures of Aaron and family too....They need a blog....

Gr. & Gr. Slesk said...

Jeff,Stacey & Cheyenne
Love all your pictures. Glad you had so much fun in florida. You just have too much fun. haha Just kidding. The beach looked beautiful and sounds like it was a really fun trip. Looking forward to seeing you in a week and meeting Cheyenne.

Love
Bill & Janet

Kristen said...

Love all the pics! Can't wait to see you and Cheyenne next week!

The Lilly's said...

Wow, that sand is beautiful! How nice for you guys to be able to get away. Steve would for sure raz Jeff about visiting Auburn since they're a big Bama rival!