Monday, April 25, 2011

Big South

The pictures are all scrambled, but here is a long train of blocks Cheyenne made in our 2nd hotel room:
Waiting in the MARTA station on our way home, we kept barely missing our connecting trains, so it took us 2 hours to get back to our hotel:
Before one of our games:
The coca-cola man, which Cheyenne thought was Jesus:
A giant blow up dog at the dog contest show thing that Cheyenne was scared of:

Jeff took this picture, I am not so sure where it is, somewhere downtown Atlanta though:
Jeff found a dog show and took Cheyenne in to watch it:
Walking to lunch before the first day of our tournament:
Me in my coaching jacket:)
Cheyenne, Berkeley and I in our awesome hotel room at the downtown Hilton:

We had a tournament in Atlanta, that actually did not go well and I would prefer not to remember, but I am posting about it anyway... maybe I am addicted to blogging? I don't know. I have about 25 journals that are filled up from 1st grade on. I have always been a big journal writer... my blog is now my journal, so I guess I need to record the good, bad and the ugly! Hah! Anyway, this tournament is a National Qualifier and was held in the Georgia World Congress Center. They had three tournament divisions for every age group from 12's-18s. There were 96 teams in our division. That gives you an idea of how many teams were participating in this- over 1500. The sucky part is that it is 3 days long and you only know what wave you will be playing in the first day, but the next two days you do not know. We were given a pm wave for Friday, so we had to stay in a hotel friday and saturday night. Then we found out we needed to register our team on Thursday so we got a different hotel for Thursday night as well. We decided to make a vacation out of it (as much as we could, I was pretty busy the whole time). Thursday night we got a deal on hotwire for the Hilton downtown atlanta. It would have been a better deal if we didn't have to pay $20 extra for parking, but of course I didn't realize that when I booked the hotel. It was actually pretty fun to stay downtown Atlanta, because we never had before. Oh and there were volleyball players everywhere in Atlanta this weekend so we fit right in. Our hotel was full of them. The first night we checked in and walked to eat. We ended up eating in the mall foodcourt at some chinese restaurant. The next morning we worked out in their fitness center which was awesome. Then Jeff dropped me off at the tournament. He took both girls and checked in to our other cheaper hotel for the next two nights which was located in the Perimeter area. The next day we had the great idea to ride the MARTA to the tournament. It was about 30 minutes driving, but the MARTA ended up taking an hour on the way there and 2 hours on the way back. Yes, we definitely regretted that decision! Sunday Jeff just took the girls and picked me up after. I was so happy for it to be over. Our team came out AMAZING the first game and barely lost in 3 games to a team from Florida who was much more experienced than us, after that they shut down, there was some 15 year old girl issues between them all and was basically a nightmare. We did not play very well and the whole thing was a big headache. We thankfully recovered, because in our next tournament we played up a division and got 3rd out of 8 teams which was really good. I am thankful to Jeff for supporting me in coaching volleyball because I love it and he is really supportive about it. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures with him in it, but I guess I was just focused on something else at the time.

No comments: