Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Volleyball Sleepover

About a month or so ago I had a sleepover at our house with my club volleyball team I am coaching. It was so much fun! Cheyenne loved having them here and it made me feel like a teenager again:) The girls are just so awesome. They are such good girls. We started off the night playing Twister:

The girls love to hold Berkeley and play with Cheyenne:

We had chocolate fondue and some other snacks, after I cleaned up the kitchen I came out to find them all lined up on the couch silent looking at their phones. It was so funny I had to take a picture. We were all there together, but no one was really "there." AND they all have sweet iphones, they laugh at my old school free phone you get with the plan... which isn't surprising, because it falls apart like every practice when I am trying to time a drill!



I made them put their phones away and we played American Idol Karaoke... so funny! Also, some girl talk time and stayed up til 1 am.

The next morning we took Cheyenne and Berkeley for a walk in the wagon around the neighborhood in our pajamas. One of the neighbors was washing his car (it was around 9:30 am). He asked if I had a sleepover with my friends... haha. I told him it was a volleyball team that I coached.
The next night after the sleepover a girl on our team was in the play "Hairspray" at her high school. I drove a few of the girls and we went and watched it. It was pretty cute. She was in the chorus and she was totally the best one. I think she will have bigger parts in the future as she is only a freshman.
During the play a boy passed Kristina a note with his phone number and it said, "text me." So funny!! They were going to text him on the drive home, but lost the piece of paper. I am sure her parents are probably glad they lost it, haha! We stopped and got ice cream cones at McDonald's, then I drove the girls home.
It was a fun time and must have helped with team bonding because we won the next two tournaments making it three in a row that we won! Go Georgia Juniors!

4 comments:

connie and frank said...

sounds like y'all had a great time. I am glad you are having fun.

Megan said...

Sweet! Sounds like you are having a blast as a coach. Glad to hear it!

Southern Belle said...

I bet they LOVED it! I'm sure you are a great volleyball coach.

Judi said...

So fun! I would love to get into coaching sometime. I don't know how to do it with little kids, but you do so well at it! Good job!