Thursday, August 19, 2010

Jeff's 29th Birthday


We celebrated Jeff's 29th birthday on Thursday. I got up early and made him cinnamon rolls for breakfast (the pillsbury kind, not homemade). Cheyenne and I drove to Elberton (where he works) and we went to lunch at Subway. Some of his students window painted his car, brought him a breakfast biscuit from Bojangles, and even bought him a cake! So we went back to his classroom after Subway and ate some cake. Then Jeff had to go to Study Hall and football, so Cheyenne and I went home. This is what we had for dinner:

This is the cake I made for him. I had way too much fun with it. I LOVED it when I finished with it, I didn't want anyone to eat it. It is funky tie-dyed. The candles also say 29. It was cool when he blew it out and all the lights were off, the 29 glowed for a couple of seconds. Cheyenne and I practiced singing Happy Birthday all day. She would sing the "Happy Birthday to Daddy" part, and I sang the rest. Before we ate cake, we put the song "ice cream and cake" on and we all danced around. Every day for breakfast since then, Cheyenne has said "ice cream and cake and cake!" I told her its all gone... haha, really I have been eating it all! I know it sounds mean, but if she knew there was any left, she wouldn't eat anything else! Ever since we gave her apple juice when she was sick, she wont drink water or milk. I have since told her there is no more apple juice, but she keeps asking for it.

For Jeff's birthday, I gave him sportspak from Directv, so we can get all the Husky games for Jake Locker's senior season. I think he liked it especially since I have been talking about canceling satellite altogether.

Hope you had a great birthday Jeff!! We love you and are so grateful for you and all you do for us:) Happy 29th!



2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Stacey - Jeff is so blessed to have you and Cheyenne take such good care of him. The cake, dinner, everything looked great. Happy Birthday Jeff, I can't believe my baby is 29!!!!! He is catching up to me. Love you guys. Thanks for sharing this day.

Kristen said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday Jeff! Cheyenne is too dang cute!