Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Weekend with the Savages

Baby T.J. (Cheyenne's little sister's future husband)

Amelia, T.J., Cheyenne and I... I tried to turn to the side to appear skinnier, but apparently that has the opposite effect when you are pregnant! This was also taken close to midnight, that is why Cheyenne's hair is in her eyes and I am looking a little tired!

Cheyenne and T.J. - the hair in her eyes is driving me crazy when I look at this! I remember my mom always telling me to get my hair out of my eyes, haha, now I understand.

Cheyenne with her baby doll that was mine when I was younger

Amelia's 24th and Jeff's 29th birthday

I probably have about a million posts that include "the Savages" as the title... they just have a cool last name, it is too fun to call them anything else. When we were first friends at BYU, we brought over my Pocahontas soundtrack to their house one day and blared: "Savages, Savages- barely even human!" Don't know whatever happened to that CD unfortunately.

Anyway, Trent, Amelia and T.J. came up from Gainesville for a quick visit. Thankfully, Jeff has all of Saturday off, but unfortunately it poured the entire day, which seems to happen every time they come to visit! We were able to relax around the house a lot, so that was nice. Amelia's birthday was a couple days after Jeff's so we had a little double birthday party. We went to Red Robin (about an hour away, but so worth the drive!) for the free birthday meals. The funniest part is that all four of us ordered the same meal: Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Sandwich with bottomless steak fries. Go try it, you will not regret it! They also gave Amelia and Jeff free Sundaes... Red Robin is the best for birthdays. When we got home, we had publix cookie cake and ice cream- delicious!

One of my first duties in Primary was to find a Sunbeam sub for the week and I swear I called every person in the ward and couldn't find anyone. Amelia did me a HUGE favor and taught Sunbeams while she was on vacation! Jeff had a football meeting so he left church early to eat something before he had to go, but Trent drove him and he forgot to bring a key or garage door opener so he was locked out of the house! He ended up making it to the meeting on time though. For dinner we had salad and delicious grilled steaks! So good!! Jeff even got to enjoy Amelia's leftovers at work the next day... he was pretty happy about that!

We had so much fun with you guys and wished you could have stayed longer! We need to get together again after football season when Jeff is home more. Thanks for all the food you got us too! Cheyenne has keeps talking about baby T.J. every time she sees a baby. She will probably call the new baby that! P.S. we forgot to take pictures of Trent! He was here too.

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

glad you had so much fun and that you have good friends

Amelia said...

We had so much fun with you guys- as always!! Thanks so much for letting us come and hang out for a couple of days, we love hanging out with yall. That is so funny Cheyenne calls all babies "baby TJ" haha :) Can't wait to see you guys again- and probably meet Cheyenne's little sister! So exciting!