Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cheyenne's Talk

Cheyenne gave her first talk in primary on Sunday and I was really excited. She had already done an Article of Faith and I was surprised she wasn't even scared to talk at the microphone and the next Sunday she was disappointed she didn't get to talk at the microphone again. I knew she would be excited to do a talk, but I was nervous, because with a three year old you never know when they will change their mind and decide they don't want to do something. The theme for the month was about I choose the right when I am baptized or something like that. I held up a picture of Jesus and then John the Baptist baptizing Jesus while she was saying her talk:


Here is what she said (I obviously wrote it for her, but she did a great job delivering!):

"Jesus is my older brother and I love him. He loves me and all of you.

I am trying to be like Jesus. I want to choose the right so I can be like him.

Jesus was baptized by John the baptist.

I am 3 years old. When I turn 8, I want to be baptized just like Jesus and just like my cousins Audrey and Sarah.

I want to follow Jesus' example. I want to be a good example for my friends, and for my little sister, Berkeley. When I am baptized I am choosing the right. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

I am grateful for Cheyenne and her desire to choose the right:)

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Cheyenne!!!! Great job on your talk. I am so proud of you!!!

lillie said...

She did a great job. She is so cute and such a good example to her friends in primary. That says a lot about her mom and how she is being raised!