Sunday, May 13, 2012

Grandma Connie

The following was narrated by Jeff:
Here is a special Mother's Day post about my mom. I have great memories of her from when I was younger.  I am thankful that she worked so hard to always have a clean house and delicious home cooked meals. I am the youngest of three sisters and one brother, so that was definitely not an easy thing to do. She went back to work as the duty at my elementary school while I was there, which I am sure brought her some embarrassment when I was sent to the principal's office a couple of times! My mom taught me it was important to be humble. My 9th grade year in a JV game, I scored a touchdown and I high stepped into the end zone off a punt return. I came home feeling pretty good about myself and my mom was right there to let me know that was so embarrassing and that I should never draw attention to myself like that. She was at probably every game, away or home, every sport, supporting me every step of the way. She made me feel loved after every game, win or lose. She loves all of her children equally and never makes one feel less important than another. She loves to have fun and I have great memories of camping trips and ski trips as a family. She is gifted musically and has been the ward organist for a long time. Every Sunday morning she would play church hymns on the piano, inviting the spirit into our home. I love you Mom, I couldn't have asked for a better life growing up, thanks for being the best mom ever and Grandmother to Cheyenne and Berkeley.

This is now Stacey, and I wanted to add that I love having Connie as a mother-in-law. She is very selfless and is always worried about what is best for her children before herself. We love to have her come visit and love that she visits often. I never expect her to, but she always works so hard and helps cook or clean or help with the kids or anything else I need. She taught seminary for several years and is such a great example of someone who is always trying to learn and grow in the gospel. She is a wonderful grandmother and makes each child feel so special. I can tell that she loves each of her children so much and I am blessed to have her in my life. Thanks for being you Connie!

Happy Mother's Day!







btw... I am not leaving my mom out, but she never reads this blog, so I put hers on facebook, but she is awesome and I love her more than anything too!


3 comments:

connie and frank said...

WOW!!! I feel so special reading that.... it makes my heart very full. I am so grateful for you guys. For the wonderful adults you are and wonderful parents. We are so lucky to have you. Love you very much.....

connie and frank said...

WOW!!! I feel so special reading that.... it makes my heart very full. I am so grateful for you guys. For the wonderful adults you are and wonderful parents. We are so lucky to have you. Love you very much.....

Kristen said...

Love you guys! That was great reading that. Mom is the best! Did a great job raising us all:)