Saturday, September 1, 2012

Chic-Fil-A 3 on 3 tourney

Jeff, Ansley, Cheyenne, Mom

 This guy was so funny! He came up to me and was all excited like "HI!" I said hi politely and then pointed him out to my girls who looked at him confusedly like who is that supposed to be? The guy said, "You can take your picture with me if you want!" I said okay and he wanted me to follow him to the front of the booth, but I didn't want to get my girls out of the wagon so I asked if he could just bend down by the wagon. He looked disappointed but said yes. You can't really tell but both of the girls were leaning away from him and were a little creeped out. It was pretty funny. He was a nice guy and what a great sport to wear that costume in the heat all day!!
 Jeff warming up. The atmosphere was so much fun! I loved it and I wished I was playing. It was too hot for my mom though so she was so sweet to take the girls home for lunch and naps.
 Jeff was in the three point contest and I almost peed my pants I was so nervous.
 Here he is watching the competetion
 Here he is shooting. I wish I would have gotten it on video. I was so mad when I was watching because he missed three baskets, and when I shag for him he never misses!! I know because I never get to shoot! When he misses it is my turn and it is barely ever my turn. Anyway, he made 9 in 30 seconds and the closest person to his score got 5. The guy who made 5 played in the European league. There were also a few retired NBA and NFL players playing in the 3 on 3 tourney and former UGA players including David Pollack who reported with Erin Andrews last year on ESPN. His team won their division.
 Jeff with the giant check for $500. We asked if we were supposed to take the giant check to the bank to cash it and they said yes. After a while we went back to ask one more time to be sure and we found a different person. They gave us someone to email who would then send us tax forms, then they would send us the check. Good thing we asked! How stupid would I feel walking into the bank I used to work at with a giant check that wasn't even actually real?
 Even in front of the port-a-potties he looks like a stud! Great shooting Jeff!
Its a good thing he won this money because the next day he got his first speeding ticket:(  AND our air conditioning had to be repaired for the FOURTH time in 3 years!!! We have already put about $900 into that thing... Good thing Jeff is good at bringing home the bacon:) We just gotta fix all those holes in our bucket.

2 comments:

Robert and Robyn Anderson said...

thanks for the update, I love to hear about you and your family...

Kristen said...

Thats awesome!