Monday, September 17, 2012

Preschool

We started a preschool co-op a few weeks ago and I love it! There are 4 little girls and we rotate doing it at one house a week. My first time hosting was supposed to be last Wednesday and I stayed up until like 2 am planning the most awesome preschool ever, but woke up to Cheyenne laying next to me puking in bed! She puked about 6 times in 2 hours, she barely had anything in her stomach to begin with, so she kept saying she was so hungry, so I let her have plain eggo waffles and she ate about 6 of them. She kept that down for about 30 minutes, so I let her drink milk. I figured all of this was going to come up again, but I may as well let her eat and maybe she could at least absorb some of the nutrients. She also ate some pineapple, pickles and a lot more milk and has been her happy little self ever since. It was kind of strange. 

Anyway, since I didn't want to get the other girls sick, we postponed preschool to Friday. It was about the #3 and the letter D. We started off reading about Goldilocks and the 3 Bears. Then we practiced writing the number three. Then I had drawn diamonds on their papers and had a bunch of snacks and they had to pick 3 of the same snacks to put in each diamond. Then we did some adding with dots on the dice. We sang the 3 Little Ducks song with a duck puppet. Then we read about Noah's Ark and the Dove. Then we sang "When Jesus Christ was Baptized" which was perfect because it talks about the 3 members of the Godhead and how the holy ghost appeared in the form of a Dove. We danced like ducks, dinosaurs, dogs, donkeys and dragons. 

We had snacks that you could "dip." Carrots and Ranch, Apples and Caramel, and French Fries and Ketchup. Cheyenne was especially excited to have Apple Juice Boxes and I am 99% sure that is the first time I have bought any type of individual serving juice container... we usually just bring water in sippy cups wherever we go. The only problem was that she kept saying "apple juice starts with D." haha... I said, "well drink starts with D."

 We practiced our sight words and now Cheyenne knows "play, see, this, is, can, will, like, see and I." like and this are the hardest ones for her. We dropped dimes into cups with the words in front. We also put them in a circle and hopped, crawled, tiptoed, etc. to each word. I also had about 20 items in a bag that started with D and they each got to pull one thing out at a time, which they loved. It was so cute because I had a Barbie in there in a ballerina leotard and tutu (dancing doll). Sadie just loved it and kept holding it and looking at it and she said, "this doll is so beautiful, but she is not modest!" So funny! It was pretty cute. At the end they got to play dress-up. I had this thing planned where I was going to have them talk about their dads and put them in jeff's dress shirts and ties and hats, but I forgot to have Jeff tie the ties before he left, so I skipped that part, since I do not know how to tie one. It went great, I can't wait to do it again:)




1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Wow! that sounds like a fun preschool!!!! Your girls are so lucky:)