Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Basketball Season is over


Last weekend was the third round of state, and we pulled within 6 in the 4th quarter, but unfortunately ended up losing by 16 to a very huge Columbia team. They had won state in 4A 3 out of the past 4 years and just got moved down to 3A this year. They were a very good team, but since most of our players are returning next year, we hope to get them next year. We saw the other side of the bracket play and they were not very good, so I am going to say we took 5th place in state (there were only 8 teams left). The first picture is all the coaches, they looked so sharp in their matching jackets. The game was 3 1/2 hours away, and didn't start until like 9 pm so we got a hotel room. Cheyenne and I hung out in the room while we waited for game time. I set her on the edge of the bed on her boppy and she was just looking up watching tv, it was the cutest thing... about 5 minutes later, she was out! Unfortunately, Cheyenne had a hard time sleeping that night, which caused me to get very little sleep and I woke up sick the next day and now Cheyenne caught it from me and is sick as well:( Its no fun being sick! Anyway, it was a great basketball season, but I will be honest and say it is nice to have it be over. Jeff just gets to come home right after school and spend some time with us. He will have the rest of March and April off and then football starts in May and goes until November! 


2 comments:

kado! said...

I hope you are feeling better...being sick sucks!!!...especially with kids...hopefully Jeff does not get sick. I think husbands are the worst babies when it comes to being sick! LOL!

The Lilly's said...

You're so lucky you get a few months off (from coaching). Steve had about 3 days off after basketball and now is starting softball. I'm a little burned out. Oh well, such is the life of a coach's wife. Cheyenne looks so sweet napping on her boppy. Being sick when you have a baby is almost as bad as having a sick baby. I agree with Cadance, sick husbands are the worst of all!