Saturday, March 28, 2009

Running in the Rain

Today we woke up and could hear the rain. It was POURING! Along with loud thunder. Jeff and I considered skipping our runs... it did not look too inviting outside! If you have never seen the rain in Georgia, look at my previous post called "Georgia Rain" and you will see a video of how hard it was raining.  It looks like a rainforest! After putting it off and putting it off, we finally decided we should go, so I went first, then Jeff (we figured Cheyenne probably didn't want to be soaking wet for over an hour). Ten minutes into my run, the ipod stopped working, even though it was in a waterproof case... luckily I dropped it off at a friend's store and they started to dry it out for me. By the end of the first two miles, I was DRENCHED, but it was so much fun! Probably the most fun run I have been on since I got pregnant. It was 60 degrees out the whole time, so I was never cold. All the streets were starting to flood, so I got to splash around a lot. It just gave me something to think about the whole time, and it made me feel more hard core, haha... I loved it! Jeff ran 10 miles and I ran 8. That is the farthest Jeff has ever ran, I am so proud of him! He is so fast too, he is a natural. Anyway, our run was a perfect activity for a rainy saturday:) Oh- and when I got home, I was surprised with my new running shoes I ordered online. I LOVE them! They are so light and they are all black- fierce! We ordered Jeff's a while ago, so hopefully his will come on Monday, because both of our shoes had way too many miles on them to run safely. They are shot!

9 comments:

connie and frank said...

You guys are awesome and it does feel good to be in the rain, whether you are walking or running. Glad Cheyenne didn't get wet. Talked to Jenny today and she ran 22 miles today. Took her 4hours. Her marathon is in a couple of weeks. Dad and I went to the gym, how's that!!! Then we went to Red Robin and ate wraps and fries. Oh well. Thanks for your updated blogs. Love you guys. From Frank and Connie

Andrea Palmer said...

10 & 8 MILES?!!! That is so awesome! I can run probably 4, MAX! haha and that's on a good day, a non-rainy day!
You're amazing!

Andree and Josh said...

You look Great! That looks like so much fun to run in the warm rain. It has not been warm here, except for one week!

Kristen said...

Wow! That is great! Way to go you guys. Take care!

Johnny and Eirian said...

ahhh shoe shopping online-- my weakness! Glad you got some new sneakers, you must have to replace them a lot for the amount of running you do!

The Lilly's said...

You guys rock. You make running sound fun. What kind of shoes did you buy? I need new ones really bad!

Rach said...

wooohooo i love long runs, and i agree, in the rain is a blast! looked like a blast.

im sad i wont be able to run for a while now, i was able to run with lily until i was like 4 months along but with this time i get all crampy, LAME but biking is good.

you look great btw!!!

Jenny said...

Sounds like a fun run. It is freezing here! I hope it warms up by my marathon!!! Tell Jeff way to go!!! It is so fun to go farther and farther each week. I did go 22 on Sat. It took like 3 hrs. and 40 mins. I've been doing speedwork on Wednesdays and then I take it easy on my long on Saturdays so I can build distance. Since it is my first marathon I just hope to finish! Just kidding. I'm pretty sure I will. I just want to do it in a decent time.

kado! said...

You guys are crazy....I run on the elliptical because I can watch the TV! I never have understood how people can just run and love it....I like to get things done FAST....That's why I LOVE basketball.....and I did track but only events that were FAST too...like 4/100 relays...and I went to state in high-hurdles...I've never got the whole "cross-country" and "marathon" thing....I guess it's just weird to me that people actually "like" tho run!!! LOL!