Saturday, January 26, 2013

A letter to Santa

 Cheyenne wrote this letter to Santa Clause. She told me what to say and I wrote it down. It says, 
"Dear Santa, We want you to come to our house and give us some presents. We want to come to your house to see the Reindeer. I wish you could give us the dog (We had just watched the movie Santa Paws and it had a cute dog in it that talked so Cheyenne was thinking about that). From, Cheyenne
P.S. For Christmas I would like a dinosaur and another kitty so I can have a kitty. I also want a stuffed firedog. From Cheyenne and Berkeley

It is the saddest thing because Cheyenne got this stuffed cat from the book if you give a cat a cupcake for Christmas when she was 1. She and Berkeley have both loved that cat to death. Well, we lost it somewhere and I have no idea where. Cheyenne has been asking about it all the time and asking for another one. I looked everywhere and only could find the same one online for like $50 and I am not spending $50 on a stuffed animal. I told her some other little kid found it and is probably loving it and it is making them happy. I looked for a cat to get her for Christmas and couldn't find any good ones anywhere. Finally we decided on one of those little beanie baby ones with the huge eyes. Cheyenne got one of those in her stocking and Berkeley got a little Beanie Baby Boots the Monkey. I thought she would love it since she is obsessed with Dora, but they both are obsessed with the little cat with the huge eyes, so I guess Santa should have just got them both cats with huge eyes!

We put the letter to Santa in the mailbox and the mailman took it and a few days later we received a letter back from Santa from the North Pole! It was pretty cool. 

Below are some pictures that she has been drawing recently... I thought they were pretty creative. She told me what they were and I wrote them on the pictures. I thought the flying house was funny, she is obsessed with the Wizard of Oz and it totally looks like a house in a tornado.


1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Awesome. She is a creative one. Hey!!! I will buy her that $50 cat. It makes me sad when I think that cat might be at a playground sitting out in the rain. (just a visual that came to me) anyway, good idea to tell her another child is caring for it.