Saturday, January 19, 2013

Running Group Appreciation

 So remember these cute girls?
Randomly about a month after we ran the 10k, we met again to run one Saturday and the girls had gotten together and made me this card and gave me a gift card to Academy Sports!!! It was so sweet of them and I totally did not expect it! I really really love being active and it is one of the things that brings me the greatest joy in my life. I love to help others experience that joy whenever I can. It makes me feel like I am helping others and most of the time I never think people care much, but it is so nice to know you made a difference to someone and that you are appreciated:) More than anything though, I feel like the running group strengthened my friendship with all these girls and they are so awesome and people that all have qualities and strengths I wish to have in myself someday. I am so blessed to have the people in my life that I do. They all uplift me and make me happy and make me feel good about myself and I enjoy being around them. I was saving my gift card to use for new running shoes, but I actually used it to buy most of Cheyenne's bike for Christmas... I love watching her ride it so that was a great gift even for me! Thank you to my awesome running group!! We need to start running again! haha:) we will soon:)

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

So awesome that you have a great bunch of friends there, so far from home. Or is home there???