Saturday, October 4, 2008

Craving????

So one of the questions I am most frequently asked so far in my 8 months of being pregnant is "have you had any cravings?"  I always reply the same that I haven't really craved anything, mostly food just doesn't taste as good and I am more easily disgusted by smells of things.  I used to LOVE hamburgers and now, they gross me out.  I can eat one, but it is really unpleasant and unenjoyable the entire time, and I usually can't finish it.  Before I was pregnant, I would often eat two hamburgers, plus tons of french fries.  Well recently I discovered there is one thing that I can't get enough of... milk!  This comes at a bad time considering the ridiculous cost of a gallon of milk these days, but I love it more than anything.  The past three weeks we have gone through 6 gallons of milk, and I never see Jeff drinking any of it, so I am confident that it is mostly me.  And Jeff thinks it is gross, but I have to have it with lots of ice to make it super cold.  I drink two or three tall glasses every morning and I drink it with every meal no matter what we are eating, I drink one or two tall glasses when I get home, and I drink it at night as a snack.  I don't know if this is good or bad, but it just tastes better than anything else right now and I suppose there are worse things I couldn't get enough of.  Is this a craving??? I don't know, but I do know one thing... we are spending way too much money on milk!!

5 comments:

Laura Bradford said...

Stace that is really funny! I love milk too!

Bethany, Scott, and family said...

I totally understand. I couldn't stand skim milk anymore when I was pregnant, so we had to start getting 1% and then I drank a lot of it. I bet it's a craving, plus something you and your baby's bodies need right now.

Natasha Holmquist said...

Oh my gosh! I was just thinking.. now you can say... "I'm due next month!" woo!!!!

The Wilson Pratt Wilson Family said...

That's funny - that definitely sounds like a craving! I didn't get to many, either. For a while I really loved gatorade and anything citrus. Maybe you just eat what your body needs? I still can't get over how cute your nursery is!

Peter and Lesha said...

well drink it while you can cause Carson is allergic to dairy so I can't have it and it is like a favorite drink of mine.