Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Pumpkin Patch!

My friend, Heidy, asked us if we wanted to go to the pumpkin patch with them before Halloween, since our daughters Layla and Cheyenne are pretty much inseperable. Last year we went to one in Watkinsville, but she knew about this one in Lexington (which is kind of in the middle of nowhere), and it was so much better! They had so many fun things to do and there were barely any people there. I can't remember if we stayed there 2 or 3 hours but it was a long time and so much fun. It was a beautiful very warm day and Cheyenne and I didn't want to leave, but Jeff and Berkeley were getting tired, so we decided it was time to go. On the way home we tried a new burger place I read about on my friend Molly's blog. We had a coupon for it, but it was still pretty over priced. It was really tasty though and cool because I had an alligator burger and then I created my own. They are smaller than regular burgers, so I was still kind of hungry when we left. Anyway, we didn't take any pictures there, but here are the pictures from the Patch. As usual they are in backwards order again:
They had a little petting Zoo... Berkeley loved this part. We got a bunch of video with her but I guess no pictures. They were cute little animals.
Jeff giving the girls a ride in the wheelbarrow:
Family picture in the corn maze. I am guessing it wasn't very hard, because Cheyenne led us through the whole way and made it right to the end. I think we only hit a dead end once.
Family pic on the hay ride
Jeff and Berkeley on the Hay ride.
Cheyenne watching the pigs get ready for their race. That was one of my favorite parts watching the piggies race around the little circle and then they got a watermelon as a reward, they were such cute little piglets!
Cheyenne got a butterfly painted on her face and Layla got her entire face painted like a tiger (or a lion?).
Berkeley
Cheyenne and Layla
Cheyenne and Layla on the little car train ride.

Some other things they did that we don't have pictures of is the bouncy house, a giant tube slide and a corn box (like a sand box, but it was full of corn). I thought it was a cool idea until I sat in the corn and it smelled really gross, so I didn't like it so much, but the kids thought it was great. It was such a fun little place and they also had a fire pit to make s'mores if you were there at night. Loved it and we will totally go again next year:)

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Looks like you found a GREAT pumpkin patch! Love this time of year. Wish we could have gone there with you:-)