Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Screven County Decision

Well, this decision was made almost 3 weeks ago, but I have been putting off this post, because I haven't wanted to type the long explanation. So, this will most likely be a shortened version:) Well, Jeff and I were feeling really good about a lot of the parts of going. One of my volleyball tournaments got cancelled, which was actually really good timing because it was the same weekend as our ward temple day. For the first time, our ward was providing babysitting and I had been really bummed that we would miss it. So, our plan was to wake up early, go to ward temple day in Atlanta, then drive to Statesboro, stay the night in a hotel and go to church there in the morning, then drive home Sunday afternoon and deliver our decision Tuesday. Well, Thursday, I researched about our house on the IRS website and made a call (where I was on hold for almost an hour) as well. I discovered that even if we were to rent out our house, we would have to pay back the $8000 tax credit we received from the government when we bought the home. That 3 year period would end in either July or October. We talked briefly about living separately for that short period of time, but we just didn't feel like that would be good for our family. So unfortunately, we had to turn down a great opportunity. We both feel good about it though and we are just prayerful and hopeful that something else will open up in the future that will be just as good of an opportunity, if not, better when we are able to take it. It is a lot for Jeff to coach two sports. Until he hires someone else, if we can figure out a way to make it work for us to go there, he still could, but I think we are going to stay put at least another year. We decided there was no need to go to Statesboro again since we had already made our decision, so we spent Saturday night at this awesome hotel in Atlanta instead. It was a doubletree, so we got delicious cookies at check-in and check-out! But, rewind to the temple.... it was so nice to be able to leave our kids right there at the church next to the temple. I, of course, forgot my recommend, but luckily they let me in. We had a wonderful session and then had a picnic at the park after. Then we went to the hotel and checked-in and we all took a really really long nap (like I think 2-3 hours if I remember correctly). Then we woke up and went to Applebees for dinner. We stopped by Wal-Mart on the way back and got some ice cream bars and breakfast for the next morning since the hotel was so nice they didn't even provide breakfast! hah! We had so much fun staying in the hotel and it was awesome because it had two separate rooms with a door that separated them so it was like we had our own room! The next day we were supposed to go to a Super Bowl party, but Cheyenne was really tired and kept saying she didn't want to go. I was carrying her out to the car to go anyway and she puked all over everywhere, so we decided we better stay home. Other than that it was an amazing weekend and I am just so grateful for my sweet family. And I am praying that we made the right decision about this job....
P.S. my flat iron was broken!! Thus, the ugly hair... Thankfully my mother-in-law saved the day and sent me hers! So so sweet... then my brother was in town for the weekend and he totally fixed mine! I couldn't believe it! He cut off the cord from a hairdryer I had and like peeled off the wires and electrical taped them together and now it works just like new!! So Connie, I will bring yours back with me when we come this summer! Thank you so much for saving the day though!
Berkeley loved this window seat thing.


I just love this sweet thing.

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Wow Aaron is McIver or something. (spell McIver??) beautiful pictures and I know your prayerfully thought out decisions will work out.

lillie said...

I'm glad you guys are sticking around for a little longer!! Berkeley is getting so big