Sunday, February 5, 2012

Spelling





I taught Cheyenne how to spell her name out loud a few months ago. Then, in the past few weeks I have noticed an improvement in writing letters, so one day when Cheyenne and I were coloring (her with markers and me with her new star crayons), I tried to get Cheyenne to write her name. The first time she just wrote all the letters but they were in random places on the paper. In an effort to try to teach her to go from left to right, I drew 8 empty boxes for her to fill the letters in. She always knew which letter to put in them, but sometimes I did an example of how to do the letter before she tried (she is good at the E and H, but needs reminders of how to draw the other letters). Sometimes the letters are facing the wrong direction (c's and u's). I thought she did a really good job and I was so surprised she was able to accomplish this already. I really need to spend more time teaching her things because she just soaks everything up. She really loves learning new things.

3 comments:

connie and frank said...

Cheyenne really is a smart little girl. I would keep teaching her as much as she wants to take in. and when I see her picture I miss that little girl!!!!!

The Lilly's said...

Wow, that's really impressive, especially for a name with lots of letters! I've been trying to help Alex with his handwriting, I wish he was enthusiastic about it as Cheyenne!

Steve and Brittany said...

Haha! I have been proud that TJ knows how to spell and write his name...but it is nothing compared to her name! :) The two letters are much easier than 8! lol Way to go for her!