Monday, January 24, 2011

Broken Leg


So I got this amazing pass to a gym and it has been really great for me to get out of the house and get going early in the morning. I have a friend with a two year old who lives less than a mile from me so we carpool and our kids play together in the child care. It is only $40 a month for a pass which includes childcare, plus, every Friday night we get two hours of babysitting there for "date night" when we can drop our kids off and go out on a date, and that is included in the $40. One day they came to get me because Cheyenne had been sad for 2o minutes and they thought she had hit her head. I set her down to play with her and she totally colapsed. They said they didn't see what had happened but she definitely had a hurt leg. I thought she had sprained or rolled her ankle so I didn't take her to the doctor for a couple of days. Then I talked to a friend who said that breaks don't swell, and I had thought it was weird nothing was swollen. I decided I better take her in to prevent future damage. Turns out she has a greenstick fracture in her tibia. She had to wear this little cast and crawled around everywhere for a couple of weeks. She is now limping around, so I guess it is getting better. It was the saddest thing to drop her off at the gym and she would crawl in so pathetic looking. I hope it will heal with no problems!

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

Poor little Cheyenne! I love how the cast is pink though!

Kristen said...

Glad she is getting better! Her little cast is cute! Love her headbands. Do you know someone there who makes them? Or did you make them?

connie and frank said...

hope cheyenne's leg makes a full recovery!!! she is so cute and i can just see the sad face. oh dear, i would have cried too.