Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Sisters

Jeff got Cheyenne this Abby doll for her birthday, it is so cute:
Berkeley LOVES to stand up, I think she wants to be like Cheyenne:
I got this outfit for Cheyenne for Christmas.... it is my favorite:

Berkeley is now 11 weeks old. Before I had Berkeley, I was concerned about how Cheyenne would react. I had heard of others who would have to be very careful of leaving their baby alone with their toddler, because of "sibling rivalry." Right after we had Berkeley, Cheyenne did act up for about a couple of weeks, but nothing was ever directed toward Berkeley. And she does get a little jealous of Berkeley when I am nursing. Every time I nurse she says, "Hey I want milk too! I am hungry too!!" We always go get her her sippy cup when she says that and she is usually satisfied. Still though, she LOVES Berkeley. Every morning she asks where she is and when she goes to bed at night she asks me to put Berkeley in her crib so they can sleep together (YES! Berkeley is now in her crib and Cheyenne in the big girl bed and it is fantastic, no problems yet with them sharing a room). One time Jeff and I walked in the room and Berkeley was laying on the ground and Cheyenne was kneeling over her holding both of her hands playing patty cake. It was the cutest thing in the world, but even cuter was when I looked at Berkeley. I was expecting her to be annoyed and crying looking for us to save her, but instead she had these wide eyes and a HUGE smile looking up at her big sister playing with her, I LOVED it! I hope this love and admiration for each other continues through their teenage years! I just feel so blessed to have these two girls and am so thankful for them in my life. It is truly amazing to be a mother.

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. It is great that the 2 girls can now share a bedroom. I can't believe Cheyenne took Berkeley out of her crib? I hope they will be the best of friends also. You are doing a good job of helping them towards that. I am so glad my girls are best of friends. I love that.

Amelia said...

Love Cheyenne's new outfit! She is always dressed so cute! ANd I love the picture of Berkeley standing up! TJ was like that too, glad to know that already have some things in common :)