Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Georgia Juniors Volleyball






So I LOVE my job as a club volleyball coach. It is the perfect job for me. I can do it on the side, so I still get to stay at home with our kids. It brings in extra money that can helps us make enough so I can stay at home with our kids. The kids work hard and are very motivated to improve and be their best.

Since I am coaching again this year with a newborn, they helped me out by assigning me a "team nanny." One of the moms volunteered to do it and in turn they get a little discount of their daughter's tuition for the team. I didn't think I was going to need it, but then at the last minute Jeff decided to coach basketball again and it turns out I really needed her, so I am so grateful!

We had our first tournament a few weeks ago, which was a three day tournament. I was so nervous because Jeff had a bball game on 2 of the days so I had to bring the girls with me. It turned out to be wonderful. The "team nanny" is totally awesome and all of the other parents were as well, they all helped out. Even the girls on my team were so sweet and played babysitter during our breaks.

We finished 2nd place in the tournament which is awesome because it is a big tournament and it was our first of the year. We were bummed when we lost the championship game and found out we would have won these awesome backpacks (instead of the usual t-shirt)... but more motivation for the next one I suppose. The team gave the girls the embroidered hat, sweatshirt and blanket as a gift and I LOVE them! It is their first thing with a volleyball on it:)

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

wow that is great Stacey!!! This is working out great for you guys. Glad to have such great girls and supportive parents. cute pictures