Saturday, January 29, 2011

A little update on Cheyenne


Cheyenne has been so much fun lately. She is obsessed with counting. She always says, "let's count them!" She can count to about 14 in english and 10 in spanish. She still loves the ABCs and totally has every letter down. Sometimes she even says "B, buh buh." and makes the sounds the letters make. I am just waiting until I feel the time is right to start potty training. I am really nervous about it... I think I am scared to try and fail and then having her not have a good experience with it or something, but it would be sooooo awesome to not change poopy diapers anymore! However, I would rather have the poop contained in a diaper than in underwear or all over her room or something like some horror potty training stories I have heard. She loves to play patty cake with Berkeley and talk to her and hug and kiss her, it is the sweetest thing. She is still obsessed with Dora and any time I put her on something high, she yells, "I am on the tallest mountain!" and time we go over a bridge she sings, "I'm the grumpy old troll, who lives under the bridge!" and I still catch her throwing random toys saying, "you'll never find it now, he he he!" This morning Jeff went and got Berkeley and put her in bed with me so I could nurse her and Cheyenne woke up too... that is about the only time she gets jealous of Berkeley is when I am nursing. She snuggled up next to us under the covers and talked to me, it was so sweet, because she is not usually a snuggler. She loves breakfast more than any other meal and her favorite is pancakes, yogurt and berries or oatmeal, yogurt and berries. I go to the gym with my friend every day who has a 2 year old who happens to get along GREAT with Cheyenne, they are totally bffs... anyway, this little girl's name is Layla and she LOVES cars. Now Cheyenne loves cars too. haha. Even if Layla is not with us, when I drop her off at the gym she goes straight to the cars. Cheyenne gets along with most kids pretty well, she just kind of goes along with whatever other kids are doing and she doesn't really get to upset if kids steal her toys or anything. Hopefully, she wont be a pushover in life, but for now it is really nice that she gets along well with most kids. She is super sensitive and will cry if you look at her wrong, so she is pretty easy to discipline. However, we are still having a hard time to get her to nap at nap time. Some days she goes right to sleep and others she won't sleep the whole 2 hours. Sometimes I will think she is asleep and go in to get something and she is just laying in her bed reading books soooo quietly. Overall, she is such a sweetheart and I love her soooo much! We are so blessed to have her in our family.

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

thanks for the updates on cheyenne. She is such a sweet smart girl. Maybe she only needs a nap every other day? But I must say there is something about putting the kids down for a nap and having a bit of time for yourself. That's why I made my kids nap until they were 10. Can't wait to see you guys this week. love ya
connie