Saturday, January 29, 2011

A little update on Berkeley


Berkeley is just over 3 months now and is getting to be much more fun. She loves to smile and the Doctor said she was more verbal than most babies at her 2 month appointment. If you stroke her cheeks or neck she gets super excited, her eyes get all wide and she opens her mouth in this big smile. If you coo at her she also gets really excited and she laughs whenever we play pattycake. She LOVES her big sister and always gets sooo excited when Cheyenne gives her any attention. She is very close to rolling from her back to her stomach, because every time I set her down on her back she flips to her side and is almost to her stomach. She is very attached to me and starts to cry if she is in the swing or something and can't see me. I got a moby wrap recently and she loves to be carried around in that. She sleeps very well. I feel like she is never awake. She sleeps from about 8 pm to 7 am in her crib and then after I nurse her, she goes back to sleep for a few more hours. Cheyenne was the same way. I was totally convinced she was going to be a hard child, because Cheyenne was so easy, but she is just great! She is a little more fussy than Cheyenne was at times, but I think she gets gassy. The girls who watch the kids at the gym say that they can't believe how much they look alike. That surprised me because I think they look way different, but I guess you can easily tell they are sisters. Berkeley is so much fun and I am so so so glad she came into our family when she did, I can't believe the happiness it gives me just to see Cheyenne and Berkeley interact, that was something I was totally not expecting.

1 comment:

connie and frank said...

Thank you for the update on Berkeley. It is fun to imagine all of the wonderful things you described. Can't wait to see you this week. Jeff said she rolled over yesterday. Must have been after you posted this. Neat to have relaxed kids, I know Jeff was as a child.