Sunday, January 9, 2011

Christmas Day

Cheyenne playing with some nativity scenes:
Jeff and Cheyenne making cookies for Santa... Cheyenne kept saying, "these cookies are for Santa," as she shoved them in her mouth... so funny.
Love this:
Santa's half eaten cookies and milk:
Love this:

So Festive:
Cheyenne in the wagon before we opened presents:
Playing with the puzzle and sippy cup she got in her stocking:
Berkeley, Daddy and Cheyenne:
Mommy, Cheyenne and Berkeley in front of the tree:

Berkeley and Cheyenne in the wagon:
Berkeley with her "First Christmas" Bib:
Cheyenne with her dress-up outfit:
Cheyenne and Berkeley exhausted:
Cheyenne with her some of her Christmas presents:

Christmas was so much fun this year! Cheyenne was at an age where she expected nothing, but was excited about everything. She loved everything Christmas. When asked where Santa lives she exclaims confidently, "The North Cold!!!" It is so cute. When she woke up, we went and got her and she came out and the first thing she said was, "Look! A wagon!" Then she stared wide- eyed at the empty plate of cookies we left for Santa Clause and the empty mug of milk. It was adorable. She sat in her new wagon and opened many presents. We took our time, playing with each present before she opened the next. I had bought tons of random stuff at garage sales this summer and saved it in the bonus room for Christmas. I thought she would just enjoy opening things and not really care what was in it, but she got tired of opening presents and we actually ended up saving some for that night and a couple more for the next morning. I think I want to start doing the 3 present thing in similitude of the Wisemen buying 3 gifts for the savior. Someone told me (can't remember who) they get a toy, a book and an outfit. I think that is a great idea. I don't know though... I guess I have lots of time to think about it. How do you do your Christmas shopping for your kids? We went to a get together with some friends on Christmas Eve and Cheyenne kept saying, "We're going to a birthday party," so I said, "hmm... well, kind of, I guess we are going to Jesus's birthday party." She liked that.

2 comments:

connie and frank said...

What a fun Christmas for you guys. Thanks for sharing it with us. Glad Cheyenne likes the wagon:) Looks like a great day to remember always.

Amelia said...

How fun! Cheyenne is hilarious, I love when you put her cute little quotes on here :) I like the 3 gift idea...I guess we have to start thinking about that too- this year we just got him one gift, and then I felt kinda bad! But he got tons of presents from family, so it all works out.